As mentioned in the First Look post the MG ZZ Gundam Ver.Ka has two Core Fighters. Why is that? I don’t know. Let’s read on together and I’m sure we will find out.

Two Core Fighters means two sets of parts and for this kit means two of the same runner rather than double the parts on one runner.

I’ve got two A runners.

I’ve got two D runners.

And I’ve got (almost) two F runners.

And I’ve got…

…only one pilot.

There is a reason for that. The manual indicates you can leave one of the pilots for use with another section of this kit found later on page 22.

I’ll forego looking ahead to page 22 and keep my curiousity piqued until then.

I do have two cockpit hatches though.

The pilot chair and the cockpit hatch fit into larger red side pieces.

Now to add parts for the front and nose.

Next up is the body and some pretty interesting parts are used here.

Once you have the body together you can drop the nose on there.

Now for some small parts.

You’re inserting a little white wing into the frame and then adding what look to be small thruster parts to the sides. Once you have that done you slide that whole thing into a white armour part.

This will slide onto the frame section that juts out from the left rear of the body.

Once on there you can pop out that small wing.

Repeat the whole process for the other side.

The wings can be either out or in.

The reasons for this are still unknown to me.

With the Core Fighters finished you can attach them to an action base or sit them on the included wheels.

This is similar to what we saw in the MG V Gundam Ver Ka and MG V2 Gundam Ver Ka.

I won’t bother with either of those. These are going back into the box so I’ll just make them as small as possible.

Next up, starting on that big body.

Categories: Builds, MG, ZZ Ver Ka

1. Jarrod Herrington says:

When you’re done, I myself wouldn’t mind if you could possibly compare how the ver. Ka assembly compares to the old 1/100 HG/MG from the past.

2. QUANTA says:

You could totally repaint this kit into your personal favorite colors, then call it the mg gg gundam. In all seriousness though, what are your biggest concerns so far? Everyone has said “it’s a ka kit, so the transformation is smooth and perfect”, but having built the unicorn full armor and thunderbolt fa gundam previously I find that ka kits aren’t very stable, but maybe I jut chose the worst two. Now here’s hopIng 00 gets some ka love in the near future!

• S2 says:

The MG Unicorn isn’t what I would call a stable kit and the FA version, with everything attached to it, can’t do much of anything. The Thunderbolt FA is solid without all its stuff but can be shaky when all its weapons are there. Stability wise the Sinanju Ka is a gem but I can admit others, with their transformation and other gimmicks, can be less so.

• QUANTA says:

I was actually considering the sinanju for my next ka kit, but with the release of the zz I can’t decide. I guess I could get both, but my bank account would probably hate me for that. Choices, choices, and more choices.

• S2 says:

The Sinanju Ka isn’t produced often anymore so get it while you can.

3. SUSANOWO says:

Hi guys, did you see the next Perfect Grade? It’s the Exia! The weapons are silver colour plated, the GN drive opens up and the GN condensors and those purple wires light up in normal and Trans-Am colours.

• S2 says:

I knew about the PG Exia months ago but was gagged by NDA. I didn’t know, however, just how good it would be. It looks pretty amazing.