This kit has a long name, MG RX-0 Unicorn Gundam (Red or Green Frame Twin Frame Edition) Titanium Finish. But why release this kit now? I pondered that for some time. The first MG Unicorn Gundam, the Ver. Ka, was released in December of 2007 with a Titanium Finish version released in 2009. Both kits became discontinued shortly after once the OVA versions, with and without the MS cage, arrived. If you want a Unicorn Ver Ka or Titanium Ver Ka kit then be prepared to pay a pretty penny as nowadays, in my experience, you’ll only see them at collector stores with the price at least double the original MSRP.

Of course, we’ve also had the Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Ver.Ka in MG so we are pretty covered when it comes to MG Unicorns. So why now?

Well, for starters you’re given the option to build either the red frame version of the green frame version.

Thus the name, Twin Frame Edition.

The box is so shiny.

Both frame colour runners are at the top of the box when you open it up.

I like that red colour.

But I don’t have a regular Unicorn MG with a green psycho-frame.

Hmm. Decisions. Decisions. I better pick one soon. I have to use parts from the psycho-frame runner in the first step of the assembly. I also thought I’d confirm part replacements rules should I lose a part.

Just like with previous MG Unicorn kits if you lose a psycho-frame runner piece you’re required to buy the whole runner again. Ouch.

Let’s check out the manual.

Nice artwork. Wait a minute. That’s the same manual artwork as the OVA version!

The back, at least, is new. Showing both kits.

Inside the manual, however, is new.

English everywhere! Want to know more about the Kshatriya?

Now you can!

In the middle of the manual is a pretty interesting read.

It goes into the process of how the Titanium Finish is created.

That’s really cool.

So let’s look at those Titanium Finish runners.

Sorry I’ve kept these in the bags so they don’t get scratched. You have to be pretty careful with these. The stack of runners on the right are those that are x2 while the left are all singles. I see we’ve got the same runners as the OVA releases.

The runner on the left is from the 2007 Ver. Ka.

While the runner on the right was made for the OVA runner to make the Unicorn more OVA accurate as well as providing better movement in the legs.

But wait a minute. Why do I seem to only have one R (2010) runner? I could not find it digging through the box so I looked at the manual.

!? Yes, you have only one of the 2010 runner which sees you not using the leg parts. What does this mean?! I guess you’re building an OVA head with Ver. Ka legs. Interesting. I’ve got a hybrid on my hands.

Here is the gorgeous blue runner.

So shiny!

And the frame runners.

So red or green?

I still don’t know!

1. Krow says:

Hi Syd

Try Half Green Half Red 🙂

2. Ben says:

It’s a tough call, but I think green is the way to go! Especially since you haven’t built a Green Frame yet…

3. Lance says:

…or red/green/red/green. voila!
    you now have Unicorn Candy Edition!

• BNuts says:

I WOULD like to know if it’s possible to use parts from both frames together. You could make it look like it’s transitioning from instinct-red to ascendant-green.

• Buro says:

I don’t see why you can’t. Both frame parts are pretty much identical in numbers and fit, maybe save for the runner letter designation.

4. Barristan says:

Yes! Do red & green mixed! Christmas Unicorn!

5. Ben says:

That one thing I noticed is that they replaced the beam color on the boxart/manual. Remember how the oav mg came with blue beam sabers instead of pinkish one.

People called it a mistake.

Sunrise would then show that when in full power and in Tonfa mode the beam would become white bluish. It was funny over time to catch glimpses here and there. Some video games would have a blue beam saber in their video but pink in the game.

Guess bandai sorted out this mess in a way.

6. Anonymous says:

I think the FA Unicorn ver. Ka had the leg armor runners retooled to accommodate the improved knee bend similar to the OVA ver. I’m pretty sure this Unicorn uses those runners, which is why you don’t need to use the R runner pieces.

7. Manpig says:

Make a christmas Unicorn.

Do both.

8. Primescape says:

why not do one side red and the other green
    but since you already have a red frame why not go green

also i seriously wanna know how bad the nubs will be on the kit

9. LB Cake says:

Here’s hoping all this newfound English will translate to greater kit availability for Western audiences.

10. Jango says:

actually those are the OVA legs. when Bandai made the Banshee they retooled that runner to have the OVA parts instead of the Ver Ka parts.

11. Carl says:

I was wondering if I can get/buy the red runner specific for the knees if you build it using the green frame. I accidentally cut a part preventing the knees of my unicorn from locking 🙁