At last the long wait is over! Okay, maybe it wasn’t such a long wait. This was revealed in May at the Shizuoka Hobby Show which was only three months ago but it sure took a long time for August to get here. As luck would have it, we have a new holiday on the Japanese calendar this year, Mountain Day, which happens to fall on a Thursday. Normally Bandai releases the big kit the week before the big summer Obon holiday but this year that day is now Mountain Day so it looks like Bandai has bumped up the release to the week before that. Which is now!

Behold, the 1/144 RG MSN-06S Sinanju

(droool)

What stickers would be included with this kit was kind of a mystery right up until the release.

RG standard amount here. Looks like the markings will take some time to put on.

Here is the mekki-plated gold runner that has everyone so excited.

Ooooh!

Black parts to go around those gold parts.

The red parts have a nice gloss finish.

And here is the RG B frame runner.

Legs are all one part. Haven’t seen that in some time.

and you can see OH I can’t wait I’m starting now.

Will report my findings!

Categories: Builds, RG, Sinanju

1. Harold says:

Holy crap, I thought this wasn’t going to be released until October!

2. Jango says:

in case you didn’t catch it the B runner is Advanced MS Joint 5. the same inner frame used in the Gundam MK-II and GP01. should work well in this kit. kind of curious how much of the B runner is used though.

3. Charlo says:

I have never built a Sinanju before, and I admit that I ordered this kit based on all the hype I heard and read about. This will also be my second RG kit after the RX-78-2 as I prefer the larger size of MGs. Recently I read a couple of reviews about the MG Sinanju and some of them said that they it is a very overrated kit, but from what I’m seeing this will not disappoint. 🙂 Waiting for more info Syd!

• Jango says:

you’ll probably like this kit alot then. this kit uses the same inner frame as the RG Gundam MK-II, which is easily the best RG kit.

• Jason says:

The only reason the MG Sinanju might be considered overrated is the use of stickers/decals for the gold trim. A problem which the RG doesn’t have.

• Charlo says:

That is also one of the reasons I decided to get this kit. Also, even considering that it’s scaled at 1/144, I think it will be quite big, considering that it’s supposed to be the same height as the unicorn.

• HBSK says:

Actually,the HGUC Sinanju is even bigger than the DM Unicorns…

• Charlo says:

That’s even better!

I am building the PG Banshee right now and cannot stop thinking about this. Maybe I am wrong but could the gold runner on the RG Sinanju be a test run for quality/material/ nub mark visibility foreshadowing an eventual PG Phenex release?

4. Zuhri says:

Nice. Hoping the delivery to my country will be three time faster than normal for this kit

5. hcls315 says:

I have been waiting for this kit for over 5 years; I am glad they finally went and removed the gold stickers. This is what the MG or even the PG should have been. Eagerly looking forward to your review, Syd.

6. bernard says:

Seeing those gold emblems makes me want to say “sieg zeon”!

7. Phillax says:

Now I can use the wrongly-bought gloss top coat 😀

8. lonewolf23786 says:

Hi, just wondering if the gold and red parts are undergated or not? Thanks!

9. Danforth says:

Markings are fewer than what we had with 00 Quanta, so I guess this kit will surely have more variety in plastic colors. So excited to have one!

10. Stephen says:

I am in Japan right now for some training. I was wondering where I can get cheaper priced kits (they were overpriced in the Philippines).

I’m planning to buy kits then build them back home. This is on the top of my list. Always a Sinanju fan eversince.

• Adam says:

What city in Japan?? If you’re in Tokyo head to Akihabara district and hit up Yodobashi camera trust me go upstairs a few levels and it’s heaven !

11. Ragnaroc05 says:

Is the gold plated runner undergated? Please tell me its undergated!

12. Alexander Eddy says:

Cool, can’t wait to hear what you think of it, Syd!

Does anyone have experience with flat coating gloss and mekki parts? I know it’s a bit counterproductive, but I’ve heard that gloss topcoats are tough to get right…

Maybe I’ll try the gloss!

13. smallpro_20 says:

Hi Syd, I watched your live stream build yesterday and I love it. Too bad you didn’t have enough time to finish the unit.

There’s one thing i’d like to ask about the gold runner. Are they like those runner from the special coating ver.? that would leave black nub marks? or is it like “gold-to-the-core”

• S2 says:

I don’t recall noticing any black nub marks and many of the areas are undergated as well. On one nub I did notice, it was gold after I cut.

14. Krow says:

is this kit as tall as the HGUC Sinanju o little smaller? been wondering how tall this kit is since its reveal way back May

15. Micheal Mcleod says:

I per order this kit and finished my paying it off 55 dollar that’s pretty good in canada with dollar being so weak I gonna do the custom paint to inner frame of this kit with some silver and gun metal.

16. Mortimer says:

This kit doesn’t seem to have the color separation scheme. Is the red a single shade?

• z'xern says:

If you look at the color guide on the backside of the manual, you’ll see two shades of red on it. I’m not sure if its the two tone look we’re looking for in the armor or if it just refers to some red detailing that I am not aware of.

• Paul says:

It’s there. I’ve seen it in person. The difference is very subtle. And I can see how it’s very hard to see in pictures. The glossy finish does not help either.

17. kiki says:

hi syd, what kind stickers is that? not green like other rg kit

18. jamal pak tongko says:

Looks reallyyyyy nice, btw can u guys do a review about an old gundam, i want to order one but not really sure if its a good model or not, the RX-78 GP02A Gundam GP02 PHYSALIS (HGUC)