If you aren’t aware of Gaijin Gunpla’s RG Complete Project be sure to hit that link to find out all the details. This is the first step and first kit that has been completed towards that project. It is none other than the RG Wing Gundam EW.

Rather than just post some pictures of a completed RG I thought I’d detail what state this kit was in when I started back on it and any little things I found interesting. First of all, this kit was disassembled because I had wanted to paint it. Being one of the two RG Wing kits, which were both incomplete, I thought I’d get this project off the ground by putting it back together, panel-lining it as I went, and apply the markings section by section before putting the entire thing back together. It started with separate bags for the different armour parts.

The legs, however, being all white hadn’t been completely disassembled so I started there.

Some things that stood out or were interesting:

When you look at the marking guide it’s often hard to tell exactly how things are supposed to go on.

For example, the area on the knee frame which is visible when the armour is on.

I didn’t realize I had to put anything there during assembly. It was only when I looked at the marking guide that I noticed I need something there.

Speaking of the knee armour. The RG sticker goes on nicely but there is a section that doesn’t cover any plastic.

I took my knife and removed that.

Some very small foils go onto the chest, similar to the knee, so again I took some things apart to get them on there.

There are a lot of markings (of course) and it took me a couple of hours to get them all on.

The end result is well worth the effort, though.

I went with what I call minimum panel-lining meaning that I don’t do every edge but only any recesses that are visible.

Let me show you the details!

I prefer the MS look over that of the Bird Mode but here are a couple shots for those fans to see.

Real Grade Complete Project is happening!

Categories: RG, Wing Gundam EW

1. NexusOfZeon says:

Nice work. However, wouldn’t it be better to use grey, brown, and black to panel line white, red, and blue respectively instead of using all black?

2. Danforth Vista says:

You know when I got my first RG (OO Quanta), I decided to complete all the RGs as well; I decided to complete the line the day you posted your mission here as well haha.

Bad thing is we do not have much access to p-bandai thingies here in the Philippines, and sometimes it’s costly.

3. Haruna says:

Minor nitpick, The shoulder circle is still the wrong piece Syd, in the review there are gray/brown circles that are identical to the blue ones that should be placed. The blue ones that you used are left overs from the Wing Zero

4. Sablenk87 says:

This kit is my first RG I’ve built, still sanp-fit though, i don’t realize that putting stickers can make dramatic looks, and that looks awesome, now i have to make schedule to put those stickers on mine.

5. Chris says:

What sticker did you miss on the knee that the marking guide alerted you to? I can barely see a difference between the first and second pictures, lol. Is it that slightly different grey part? What is it doing there?

• Chris says:

Ooooooooooh, it’s a silver sticker. I see it now. Somehow it blended in in my mind and I just couldn’t see it…

6. Anthony says:

hi syd, after finishing stickers and panel line, do you usually put/spray top Coat over the kit? if so can you give some tips on doing it, its my first RG kit so im scared on putting top coat. Thanks.

• S2 says:

I would take the arms and legs off and spray top coat on the different assemblies. Leave enough time to dry and then put back together.

• Jango says:

you also might want to cover any clear parts like the chest jewel, eyes, and cameras like the ones on the arms and forehead with masking tape.