I had assembled almost the entire frame of the PG Unicorn but couldn’t do the thighs because one runner had been missed during the painting session, the P runner. Well, here it is painted and ready.
And that means I can, just like that, assemble the upper legs/hip joints.
Then attach it to the rest of the leg frame and add the psycho-frame parts.
When I did this, I noticed something.
The piece for the back of the knee has a bit of a gap between the pipes and that exposed plastic is the same colour because of how I painted it. I think I’m going to go back and do something different with this one part. It’s a very important part as well but I didn’t realise how important it is until I started the LED work (that’s coming later).
I guess all I have left to assemble of the Mobile Suit is the backpack, the insides of which are mostly psycho-frame
However to get this onto the Unicorn I did need to use one armour piece. It was the one that holds the frame part that is the connector between the back of the unicorn and the backpack.
I then placed the backpack onto the RX-0 and enjoyed the spectacle.
It looks pretty awesome but, in the lighting of my small living room, it’s difficult to see the effect the paint has on the look of the frame. So I decided to get some better shots.