We knew this was coming back when we saw it at the All-Japan Model show where it was on display looking fantastic. We saw it again at the recent Gunpla Expo and the release date is only a few days away. Christmas comes early for me, however, because I’ve got one right here. Allow me to introduce to you my New Year’s fling, Mr. RG Wing Gundam Zero EW (It’s a bromance).

There’s just something about the RG box art. While Master Grade kits have the fantastic action artwork, Real Grade is all model.

Box Contents:

Feels minimal after that giant pile of plastic that was the Perfect Grade Unicorn (I’ve got lots to say about that starting later on), but that’s probably more because of the scale. RG kits have quite a lot of parts for so small a kit.

Here is the new Real Grade runner that was shown at the Model Show.

It is very similar to what we’ve seen with the RG Exia kit. That kit as well had the leg frame come as two sections.

Here are the E runners for the wings.

Quite light despite the large parts and the added section of the E1 runner has parts that seem quite flexible.

These are likely similar to what we’ve seen on the MG and PG Wing Zero kits.

The F runner is also mostly wing parts, or at least he more sizeable ones.

The D runners are for the frame parts.

G has the hands and parts for the rifles.

Here is the C runner.

The few yellow parts are found on the A runner as well as some of the white/gray armour parts.

Here is a shot trying to show the difference in colour.

And here are all those RG markings.

There are, of course, quite a few.

Categories: Builds, RG, Wing Gundam Zero EW

1. Michael says:

First the biggest PG, now the smallest RG…

2. Kushal says:

I hope the rumor of all the Wing main suits coming to RG is true because I’ll get all of them. I don’t like whatever the shiny stickers are called (i don’t think they adhere well enough) but even the partial progress I’ve made on Char’s Z’Gok has completely sold me. I’ve taken to just painting those areas silver anyway.

• Michael says:

Judging by Zgok and Exia Bandai also finally acknowledged the issue with the foil stickers and avoids hard angles wherever they are used. Looking at this sticker sheet and the manual back it seems here it will be the same – stickers are small and they are placed on rather plain surfaces.

3. Kiko says:

Please do height comparison with other RGs after build, Sid.

4. Barristan says:

Can’t wait to get this guy.

I actually don’t mind if the Wing RGs are even tinier than usual, if it allows Bandai to include all their copious accessories (*cough Heavyarms cough*). Plus, a miniature display of all five Operation Meteor suits would look awesome.

• NL says:

yup, the most attractive part of this RG will be it’s wing!

and attach the wing part either on the RG freedom or strike freedom or destiny, double the fun !!

can’t wait to see the heavyarm released as RG too.

5. stephen says: