December.

December means that I, like most others at this time of the year, am really busy. While I’ve had some time to put some plastic parts together, I haven’t found the time to edit the photos and put up posts as quickly as I would like. Well, I’m going to try and rectify that so I am caught up by the time the RG Wing Gundam arrives around Christmas. First on the slate is showing what I’ve done so far on the Blade Liger Renewal kit.

The head assembly was shown in the last post so now it’s time for the torso and that starts with this thing, well actually two of them.

These are then added to a larger assembly that will be the sides of the torso.

Make sure it’s sitting this way, though.

Putting those aside for a moment, you then construct this larger assembly.

And then this, um, thing.

Now you’ve got enough to start putting that large abdomen together.

Some very small clear parts are used in this part of the build.

Now for some pipes!

Here’s the part that will house the poly-cap which connects to the head.

The next section you assemble is for the beast’s back.

That is quite interesting. I think it looks like a version of the Batmobile, but it’s not done yet. You need this assembly as well.

Another poly-cap here.

And what’s this thing?

It houses the Zoid core.

Okay let’s put everything together.

Now to add some armour parts. These are for the lower abdomen.

it was difficult to hold the side parts in place so the piston stayed in its spot while closing the assembly but I eventually got it together.

More pipes!

This gives me this smaller assembly.

Combine my two torso assemblies with my head and this is what I got.

Okay. That’s pretty awesome.

1. Kyle465 says:

Hey syd, when are you going to make another post on the Astray Blue Frame D?

2. Imateria says:

Nice to see you’re still working on the Blade Liger, looking very cool.

3. fiero2099 says:

hey Syd. awesome build. just a quick one. I don’t know if you can answer my question but is there any chance to get one of these? I tried checking online but it says it’s been discontinued. (which really breaks my heart) and I would really want to try building this specific zoid kit.

Kotobukiya does often reproduce kits but they don’t have (or publicize) their production schedule. There’s a good chance it may be coming back. The only advice I can give is to stay patient and regularly check the websites. If you see it for order snatch it up.

• fiero2099 says:

Cool then. I am really looking forward to get my hands on this nice kit. By the way, when can we see the finished build? Really excited to read your review about it. Keep it up!

4. zed says:

Hi Syd. Has it really been five months since you worked on Bunny-ears-Liger ? Put some legs on this poor guy ! I’d love to see your opinion of the build process and the final model.

5. Karl says:

Hi Syd, how is the quality of this kit’s plastic compared to bandai’s gundam?

• Ragnaroc05 says:

IDK about the Blade Liger but I recently built the Shadow Fox and I’d say the plastic was on part with Bandais except for the newer soft plastic they are using in some of the newer lines.

I will also say that I did like the pre-painted gold and silver parts, I did have to trim the top teeth a bit on the Fox to get the head to fit together properly. Nothing major but a minor annoyance. Another thing about the gold parts was that it was greasy. It didn’t really bother me as I wasn’t planning on painting or doing a top coat on it but if you are you will want to wash the parts thoroughly before hand.

Overall its a good looking kit and I really do think if you’re at all interested in Zoids start with the Shadow Fox.