The reveal that the 1/100 MG GX-9900 Gundam X was coming was a big shock for everyone who first saw it at the All-Japan Model show last year. I, for one, welcomed the announcement with open arms as it seemed for the past couple of years I was building SEED suits. Getting another flavour of Gundam in Master Grade is never a bad thing.

Sweet box art is sweet!

Box Contents

It’s a small box MG but it’s actually packed pretty tightly in there. Probably the thing most people want to see is how the X portion of the Gundam X is going to assemble. Well, here’s some clear parts.

And here are some shiny.. um.. what are these things?

Tough to see through the shimmer.

I’ll try another angle.

This isn’t working, is it?

Manual

And here’s the marking guide.

When I saw the marking guide I realised that I hadn’t yet seen the markings and that is because, as I discovered, they are the same plastic baggie as those shiny things and facing the wrong direction to get a good look at.

Guess I gotta start opening plastic bags.

Categories: Gundam X, MG

1. Chopper Dave says:

Just payed for mine. Hopefully it will ship tomorrow. Been waiting for this MG for years!

2. Brian says:

Hi Syd. Is it just me or is there no dry transfers on this AND the Build Strike MG? Maybe a new trend?

Good observation, Brian. I didn’t see dry transfers with these kits and that makes me think that maybe Bandai might be pushing people towards purchasing the decals now that they are starting to make them again.

• Brian says:

Not gonna lie, I like dry transfer decals for MGs…it really gives me a challenge (but not on Epyon and FA Unicorn hehe).

So maybe Bandai will be pushing out new waterslide decals huh?

3. andrew says:

hey syd so ive noticed that your starting on building new badass suits but wht happend to the sazabi is it still getting completed?

the Sazabi is still ongoing. I have a last modification to pull off and then the armour to paint. When that’s done it’s on to the decals.