How long have I waited for this day? When was the first time I became aware of the 1/100 MG MSN-04 Sazabi Ver. Ka‘s existence and prepared myself? It seems we have been waiting for this kit forever and yet it has only been a few months since the announcement, followed by its appearance at the various model and hobby shows, and now it’s in my hands. Actually, it’s beside my desk. The box is so big that holding it for any length of time tires me and I want all my energy for when I sit down at the work table tonight!

I love the look of the Ver Ka Sazabi. I think it looks far better than the previous MG itineration which, from what I’ve been told, is a pretty sweet kit as well. Old Sazabi is just a victim of age. It’s been thirteen and a half years since the first MG Sazabi and now maybe it’s time he retired so version Ka can take over. I mean, just look at ‘new guy’.

It’s like he’s looking into my soul.

Box Contents:

A crapload of stuff! Yes, we all expected it but there are some inclusions that did come as a surprise. For example, the hands.

These aren’t the MP1 runners we find in the Nu Gundam Ver Ka, the 3.0, or Jesta. These are labelled MP 2 meaning Bandai created these hands for the Sazabi Ver Ka.

Silver parts!

When I saw the Sazabi at the Gunpla Expo and also in images posted in various places I noted that there was some silver details in the frame. I really like this look and even (kind of) produced this effect when making my Nu Gundam Ver Ka. I wondered if these details were the result of someone painting the display kit but that is not the case. The frame parts come in two colors and that look is part of the OOB build!

Waterslide decals

Not a surprise but more of a confirmation of just how many there are. Seeing the kit at the Gunpla Expo we noticed the markings but thought they were rather sparse. Well, that’s an illusion brought about by the sheer size of the Sazabi. There are markings and a lot of them. (And some stickers…)

The black runners where you will find the parts for the tanks on Sazabi’s back are interesting.

The tanks are so huge that I guess Bandai opted to mould them in three parts as opposed to the two long thin parts you put together to make the tanks of the Sinanju.

Huge parts everywhere! Sazabi is huge and so, of course, are his weapons and accessories.

Manual:

Loving the manual image.

Three pages to show the ‘Transformation System’

And of course the marking guide.

The manual is 35 pages! Is that a record for an MG?

Finish work at 5… pick up daughter.. home by 6… dinner. I think I’ll be starting to build this guy around 7pm. Let the countdown begin!

Categories: MG, Sazabi Ver Ka

1. estilo says:

Syd, this is not fair man… but it is ok, just show us the WIP as soon as possible.. nice bro!

2. scid says:

damn..ship mine already ><

3. Bocalt says:

Not to put any pressure, but you do know that your review will be decisive for some of us to get this kit 😀

As busy as I’ve been lately I do recognise the significance of this kit and will be doing detailed WIP posts and a review as soon as I can.

4. Brian says:

I want mine like, now.

Lol Full Armor Unicorn is 39 pages, I found…so no it has not set a world record. An MG Kshatriya will (whenever that comes around, if it ever will).

That manipulator is for Zeon/monoeye suits 🙂 No doubt there will be a Char’s Zaku 3.0 to do what the Gundam 3.0 did.

5. Brian says:

Also, are the silver parts chromed out or are they like Infinite Justice silver? If it is the Infinite Justice silver, I want to make mine “psychoframe”

6. This is awesome! The silver parts are a good surprise. New hands too.

7. Pshyga says:

great, MP-02 hand. i’ll be waiting for your WIP photos and the review

8. ClayCannonII says:

So sexy

9. Ncann says:

It’s so beautiful! I wish I could add it to my ever growing stack of gundams but alas its far to much for me to afford right now. Cannot wait for your review, I follow them religiously and they actually make or break my decisions. Thanks for all the hard work!

10. Benjbcl says:

Yeah I have been thinking about how I am possibly going to paint the frame parts silver, so to have them already silver is a nice surprise!

11. Chopper Dave says:

C’mon HLJ ship that badboy already! I gave you my money, now use your teleportation powers!

12. Mark says:

Syd, after building this bad boy are you planning to have a comparison between the ver ka and the original MG kit? I would love to see the differences between the two kits, especially in the proportions department.

I would like to as I think that would be worth reading but I don’t have the original kit and don’t know if I’d get it and be able to build it in a reasonable amount of time.

13. RonFromPhilippines says:

may i ask how long it took you to learn reading japanese? aha i always wanted to read those wormy character inside the manual especially when it is saying something about the MS hehehe

14. Dan says:

Syd kit looks great. HLJ ship mine on release day. Hope I get it soon.

15. Sean Loke says:

I’d it preordered and waiting delivery from hlj. Just the look of it is enough for me to decide to get this baby.

Syd, will u b painting this kit like your earlier Sinanju in yellow which was incredible at the time? I guess u’ll be showing us the finish kit the nxt Gunpla TV. Please do compare it with others like sinanju, the-o, etc for us to get a feel of the size. maybe hv it standing with ur astray pg will b great!

I’ll be waiting for ur next episode, it’ll sire b a blast!

I really want to do something with this kit so of course that would include paint but there are other things I am interested in changing/modifying. I’ll likely start over the week long year end holiday.