What the?! Could this be? Yes, this is a Work Table post. For those who are new to this site and to those who maybe have forgotten the Work Table was a series of posts I did once a month to talk about the Gunpla I’d just finished (No longer on the Work Table), was in the middle of building (On the Work Table) and kits I was looking forward to getting my hands on (Coming to the Work Table). This series of posts became less consistent about a year ago as I started battling a bigger work load at my job as well as being a bigger presence in my daughter’s life, and I found it hard to devote the time to writing about building kits and instead spent my time building them. But for some reason I feel the urge to write a Work Table post now and I think it comes down to two things. 1) I’m excited and 2) I’m restless.

I’m excited because it is July and the kits I’ve waited what seems like an eternity for are two weeks away and I’m restless because the excitement for what’s on the horizon pulls my attention away from what I’m currently working on. These things will be explained in this post so on with the show.

No Longer on the Work Table

This is where I write a bit about kits I’ve completed since the previous Work Table post but as this isn’t monthly anymore (the last Work Table post being October 2012) the list of what’s been completed is quite long.

Let’s see there was the ‘Buffalo’ Blitz Gundam, the Buster Gundam, the RG Zeta and his Gentei counterpart, the Nu Gundam Ver Ka which was part of a group build on Gundam Australia (they kicked my ass), a Black Tri-Stars Zaku II limited edition kit, the Steingeese (a monster of a kit bash), the RG Destiny (and its Wings of Light), and the Aile Strike RM.

You know what, I did some pretty good work this first half of the year! Now I’m feeling pressure to perform with what is currently…

On the Work Table

While I’ve not got any customs on the go I do have a big project in terms of size that I am working on. That just so happens to be the Perfect Grade Astray Red Frame.

This is much like building the PG Strike Gundam but there are enough differences between the kits to warrant building both. Hey, it’s PG we’re talking about here. I’ve got the weapons to finish and then I’ll look at painting it. I already have an idea what I want to do though it won’t be anything crazy as I like the look and colors of the Red Frame as they are. Besides, I’ve already pimped out a Red Frame Gundam.

Also on the go is the MG AGE-2 Double Bullet. The test build is already finished actually and I’m just trying to find time to get it in the photobooth and take some pictures.

And I’m also just gettings started on some 限定 stuff in the form of the Launcher and Sword Strike packs that were released shortly after the Aile Strike RM. These are pretty cool and I’m liking how the Aile looks with this guys on.

I’ll be showing more of these in the near future.

The second Gentei item that showed up last month is the Crossbone X2, a kit that many were excited about. I’ve got mine and am just about to get started. As it’s pretty much the same build as the X1 I’ll be documenting the differences rather than the similarities. Arleady started with the manuals.

I think I’ll be putting time into this in the next few days so I’ll hopefully have something to show on the site soon.

And now for the part that has me excited. The July release kits. There’s a completely new MG kit in the form of the 1/100 MG AMS-119 Geara Doga though much of it looks to resemble the MG Marasai.

Speaking of Marasai there’s a Unicorn Color version! Hmm. May consider. Kind of want another crack at the Marasai as I totally messed up my first one. Heh.

But the big news this month is not one but two new Real Grade kits. Yup, I will be building both the 1/144 RG RX-78GP01 Gundam GP01 Zephyranthes and the 1/144 RG RX-78GP01Fb Gundam GP01 Full-Burnern. I was originally thinking I was a Full-Burnern type of guy but after seeing them side by side at the Shizuoka Hobby Show I like both of them!

I’m already debating how to go about building and showing them both. Do I build them both at the same time keeping everything in one series of posts or do I separate them so each kit can be found separately by anyone searching. Likely I will keep them separate but review both at the same time like I did with the RG MkIIs. Looks like the GP01 frames will be similar to that of the MkIIs.

Two weeks until we find out for ourselves all the details. I’ll have to work at a good speed to get all this great stuff done before heading off to my yearly vacation destination.

And how about everyone else? Summer is going to be Gunpla-filled?

1. ClayCannonII says:

All i can say is…..FINALLY. Lol also what ever happened to the zebracorn

You, with the hard questions! It’s still in the box where I left it many moons ago. So much plastic has arrived on my work table since then.

2. S.Lee says:

As soon as my orders of PGs’ from HLJ comes, I will be working on them.

3. Michael says:

What about AGE-2 Special forces?

4. Md Scid says:

My work table also have my nu ver ka..been a week left as busy with works now..maybe tonight will be continue building them..its good that u got to work n do things u like..I personally would love to go to japan someday 🙂

5. Huey says:

So much Gunpla, so little time. I’ve finished my RG Destiny (I plan on getting Freedom and Aile Strike as well for a sort of Dynamic Entrance type of display arrangement).

Since space at my household is already at a premium, I’ll probably limit my collection to 1/144 kits, even though a part of me is practically BURNING for the MG Red Frame (which I plan to paint with a Banshee paint scheme, extra finish for the orange parts). Particularly the RG Line and probably pick up HG Unicorn (Destroy) and HG Sinanju to paint and LED customize.

• Huey says:

oh and I forgot about something. What are the extra silver stickers in the RG Destiny for? The marking guide’s in Japanese, so I can’t read it. They’re a set of two stickers that seems to go on the yellow hand parts, though I’m not sure how and what they are for.

• Brian says:

The metal markings are kind of the “mechanical” effect part from what I remember. You don’t have to put them on but I put them on after flatcoating my RGs. The hands confused me as well so I didn’t do that lol

• huey says:

The stickers I was talking about are foil stickers number 19 and 20. I used foils on the elbows and knees. Looked at the manual again and it seems it does go on the yellow hand part AT ITS BACK. I’m just scratching my head as to why you would do that, since you won’t even be able to see it from any angle.

Yes, I remember those stickers. I didn’t put them on either. Didn’t feel I needed them.

6. GN says:

I was thinking of doing both GP01 in parallel, especially as I’ll be painting both during assembly with the same colour scheme.

7. Brian says:

Seeing as how the 3.0 and the Strike Rouge RM doesn’t interest me, I have quite the list

On the work table
    Aile Strike Ver RM with Sword/Launcher Pack (decaling left)
    Nu Gundam Ver Ka (decaling left)
    Jesta MG
    Tallgeese II
    GN-X MG
    Sword Impulse MG!!! Finally got it 😀

Left the work table
    RG Destiny (“Extreme Blast Mode”)
    Sinanju Stein
    Sinanju OVA
    Tallgeese (“TV Version”)
    ReZEL Defenser
    HGUC Banshee Norn
    Shin Musha Sengoku no Jin

Soon to come
    MG Geara Doga
    RG GP01 and GP01Fb
    限定Marasai

8. Tony says:

Finally finished my Tallgeese… I’ve been slow on my builds lately – very little time to build the last couple months, largely due to me being a bit (a lot) lazy and not wanting to have to keep on taking boxes out, getting myself set up, then having to box everything up again…. OK, so that’s really lazy, but considering my workspace is also my bed, its a bit of a pain lol. Not sure what I’ll finish next, either MG Wing Zero Custom Pearl Gloss or RG MkII AEUG (damn tubing….).

9. Bocalt says:

My workbench is finally about my initial plan, collection lead mg gundams for each year since 2004 and building one by one, starting with Wing Zero last week and this week its Freedom, with a couple of hg and rg to break any feeling of “too much”, wow i’m mostly looking forward to your reviews of the Geara Doga and the two new RGs.

10. Bocalt says:

Still don’t understand the pricing, both rg kits cost the same though one clearly has more plastic, back when the MG came out one cost 500 yen than the other… aren’t we getting less plastic than in all the other RG?

• Woodfish says:

Strike had even less and came at a normal price of 2000 yen. You can’t measure your kit simply by the amount of plastic you get. They all cost 2000 yen with the exception of Zeta whish was considerably more complicated, design wise. With that being said, Skygrasper with the packs cost RG collectiors another 2000 yen and again, a lot less plastic came out of that box. I think the price for RGs should and probably will stay 2000 yen each with the least exceptions possible. And it’s a good thing. When you hear there’s a new RG coming soon, you know how much it’s going to cost from day 1. (With the exception of transformable suits ofcourse. 🙂

11. ClayCannonII says:

Right now kits are slow for me but heres what i got going
    On my work table:
    MG Shenlong
    MG Heavyarms (my third)
    MG Sinanju (MMPR Green Ranger)