Gaijin Gunpla

My first session on the Jesta was cut off due to lack of data storage space. As soon as I was able I moved some important stuff around, made some space, and got back at it so I can now show the completion of the shoulders and what comes after.


Here is how it looks with the frame together and then you add the armor.

But where did I put that picture of the completed shoulder? Hmm. Moving on…

The skirt starts with these frame parts.

Look carefully at this part.

Notice the little plastic tab? Well, that is meant to go in at the top of the opening, up against this ridge.

That was kind of confusing. Allow me to let the manual explain.

Next you complete the little emblem assembly and slide it into place.

It’s important to get the alignment correct when sliding it along the grooves otherwise you won’t get it in place.

I actually found this a lot in this build. Using the ridges/grooves connection rather than the male/female peg connection can make things difficult if you’re angle isn’t correct.

A couple more parts.

Then the front skirt flaps which use these parts.

That little part that fits around that peg is meant to move but I don’t know why yet.

Rear skirts assemble the same but here are no moving parts.

These parts make up the hatch that is the rear center block on the skirt.



Now it’s time for the feet and they start out with a poly-cap and a couple smaller frame parts.

Then a couple similar, yet larger, frame parts are brought in.

The ankle assembly for the Jesta consists of these parts.

You can see how that ball joint piece fits on.

The ball joint is then popped into the poly-cap giving you a completed foot frame.


If you count the poly-cap and the ball joint part of the ankle frame there are two points of articulation here.

The rear of the foot is first to get armored.

As mentioned previously the groove design can be tricky. Placing the second armor part in place actually took a few tries before I had the correct angle and it slid down in place.

Now for the armor on the front of the foot.

The top armor part is a little tricky. You need to slide it into place while also making sure the ends clip around little pegs on the bottom armor piece.


The ankle armor is just three parts but it’s interesting to note that the frame fits together without any guide to ensure they are in the correct position.


It’s not until the armor part goes on over top that they are secured in alignment with each other.

It flips up quite a ways, too, but most of that will be taken away when the leg is attached.

And that is exactly what we’re doing now; the legs.



Onto this you slide a small plastic part. It actually fits into a groove from about the middle of the back of the leg and slides up stopping just below the back of the knee.

Even at this stage articulation of the leg seems very limited.

And the rear flap section is then put together.

Then it is placed onto a large lower leg frame piece.

You can see that it swings out a little but not really that much.

So now it’s a matter of dropping in the upper leg frame assembly and making sure all the little parts are in their respective grooves.

Looking at this design, it seems the legs of the Jesta are meant to elongate. Is this correct?

Then close it up.

Add the hip joint. This actually slides into place really well and seems very solid even considering it’s the lighter plastic.

Armor time.

On the small frame part you placed just below the back of the knee you place a small armor part that is meant to cover it up.

And I also noticed how the frame parts for the front and rear of the legs don’t line up.

I like it.

Now for the armor for the front and back of the lower leg.

From there you work on the outside of the leg.


The little vent is the last thing put into place.

Then you cover up the knee while working on armoring the inside of the leg.

Again the vent comes last.

You know, I really like the look of the Jesta leg.

With the armor on the articulation is roughly the same (which wasn’t good to begin with).

With the legs completed I just need the side skirts and I’ve got a complete Mobile Suit (minus backpack).


They open!

So I’ve got a top and a bottom. When putting them together don’t forget that small ring.


It lays in place well but isn’t actually secured there until the torso is clipped in.

I justa got this far before having to stop. Next session is the backpack and weapons.

Categories: Builds, Jesta, MG

5 Responses so far.

  1. Josh says:

    Looking good! I am a little disappointed that the hand grenades are all one piece. But oh well.

  2. Brian says:

    Hi Syd. I saw on Dalong that you can extend the legs of the Jesta. I know the promo pics show Jesta having great leg articulation and that is the secret 🙂

    • syd says:

      aahhhh! Spoiler Alert! (Just kidding). I try to not get ahead of myself when building/following the manual because I want the experience of building it for the first time to come through in my writing. I don’t usually read Dalong’s reviews until I have posted my own as I don’t want my thoughts influenced by others. That explains why I am often mistaken. ha!

  3. Ryan says:

    Those pieces that rotate up on the front skirt armor are probably for the armor pieces a future Jesta Cannon release would need.

Leave a Reply