Lupes of It’s a Gundaaaam! posted a pic on his facebook of a little modification he had done to his MG Sinanju Stein Ver Ka and I half-heartedly replied that my Stein was getting similar treatment. Well, Lupes then contacted me and suggested, as we are both starting to work on the Stein seriously, that we should have a bit of a build off, or Showdown as he’s called it.
stein showdown main

Lupes has already revealed some of what he’ll be doing to his Stein but until now I hadn’t given a hint to anyone what I had planned or mine. Now it’s time to spill some beans. I will be doing a kit-bash. I will be taking this kit:

And this kit:

And making a Super-Stein-Tallgeese-Ver-Ka-Custom. Or a mess.

I’ve planned out what changes need to be be made and even already ordered the extra parts I need so the WIP posts should be coming soon. Be sure to follow Lupes’ progress on his site to see the piece of plastic art his Stein is sure to become and remember, in Gunpla, everyone’s a winner (I wrote that ahead of time because Lupes is gonna kick my ass. He’s got an airbrush.)

1. ClayCannonII says:

Afraid of an airbrush lol

2. Kjasi says:

… Where’s the dang “Like” button?! I can’t wait to see your results!

No chance of buying or borrowing an airbrush so you can kick HIS ass?

• Woodfish says:

Oh having an airbrush won’t make that much of a difference. Spray cans will do just fine. And they have some great aerosols back there in Japan. It’s just a matter of skill and your perspective of the end result. It’s all in the eye of the beholder in the end. Just like Leo. Either you like the design or you don’t. 🙂 But as Syd nicely said, in Gunpla, everyone’s a winner.

3. Now, that’s fun… Make some ass kicking kit bash gunpla. Is this your first kit bash, Syd?

4. fury-s12 says:

interesting, im not a fan of that tall geese design if im honest but i am a fan of the stien and more importantly im a fan of what you, syd, do to your kits so im interested to see what comes out of this

5. Bocalt says:

Ooooh, I want a spartan Stein 😀

6. lupes says:

Lovin’ the title of this post…and I can’t wait to see what you’ve got in mind, especially with those huge verniers the Tallgeese has.

Let’s get down to business! And just because I’ve got an airbrush doesn’t mean much, after all you’re the masking master here!

7. ZeonTwoSix says:

Hmmn… Tallgeese Stein huh?

Anyways, here’s my recommendations (your call if you wish to adopt):

– Integrate the Talgeese’s shoulder mechanisms to hold the stein’s weapons;

– Find a way to merge the design of the boosters; and

– If you can get the Mohawk from the Talgeese II, integrate THAT to the Stein’s head.

Just a few cents, really… ^^

8. SavviMaple says:

I am looking foward to this! This I gotta see hahaha

9. busterbeam says:

wow two of my favourite designs combined?! very curious about this one!

10. nacho-wan says:

I ‘m sorry Sid but this a terrible idea. Sure both are Katoki designs but that’s were the similarities end. The stein is super detailed while the tallgeese is a spartan design. I’m all in on customizing any of those but merging them is a sin!