I am happy to announce that I have completed the Heavy Arms Custom that I was commissioned to make. And I did it around the deadline.. well kinda. The client asked that I finish mid-March and I had every intention of getting it done by then but Mother Nature had other plans. Using spray cans I can only spray outside on clear days, on weekends. Well, the clear weekend days I had the last couple of weeks consisted of some beautiful sunshine and some record high winds. Nonetheless, I got it done.
As you can see I’ve redone the shoulders that caused me problems. What I did after sanding away most of the paint leaving the coral blue was to lay small strips of masking tape into the recesses and then repaint the blue. The recesses were then touched up by paintbrush. I simply sprayed a whole lot of the coral blue onto an extra runner, dipped my brush in it, and hand painted it on. I should have done it this way from the start.
Heavy Arms Custom is now on its way to its owner who hopefully will have it by the middle of next week. I am looking forward to hearing he received it. It’s sad to see it go after spending quality time with it, but I took some photographs to remember it by.