kit: 1/100 MG Nu Gundam Ver.KA

Categories: MG, Nu Gundam Ver. Ka, Showcase

1. Tony says:

Could you walk us through what you did to make this an S2? Haven’t built the NuKa (ooh, like that nickname for it lol) or even seen one in person. I know some of the details you did, but I’m bad at spotting everything lol. Looks sharp though, nice clean work as always Syd.

It’s an S2 because I built it. 😉

Probably the big changes were the modding to the back of the leg thrusters and the fixing the Fin Funnels.

2. Lawrence says:

Definitely one of the best mobile suits in the series. Great job on the build!

3. ClayCannonII says:

So gorgeous, i think this could stand next to the yellow bird with pride

4. Azhunt says:

I had a problem here, about this Nu Gundam Fin Funnel. I wonder how did you arrange it properly without fall a part. Coz, is hard to stick the Fin Funnel together without fall a part. Can you help me?

5. Kushal says:

Hey Syd I’m thinking of getting the Nu Ver Ka for myself, but I can’t stand putting all the foil stickers on small parts like you have to do with the psycoframe. However looking at your WIP posts I actually prefer the look of the green plastic without any stickers on it anyway, and don’t plan on using the “expanding armor” gimmick. Could I get by on not using the stickers except for places that are always exposed?

You don’t need to use the stickers at all if you don’t want to. The effect the provide is rather minimal.

• Kushal says:

Yeah my first ever MG was the AGE-1 Spallow and I remember feeling bad that I was covering up the cool translucent piece in the chest with a sticker when I was putting it together. Then I dropped the sticker and it was a moot point.

Also the only silver I (will) have in terms of paint is a spray paint, and masking all those small psychoframe pieces sounds like a good way to want to give up gunpla entirely. Thanks for the help.

6. Jay says:

Hey syd, did you panel line you build on this. Thanks- Jay