A WIP Post! It seems like it’s been forever but in reality it’s only been a week since I wrote the last WIP post. A lot of stuff has happened in that week some of it good (bought parts for a new computer!) and some of it not so good (got hacked). While attempting to get all that stuff sorted out I still managed to sit down and do some Gunpla such as doing more decals on the 限定 Zaku II Black Tri-Stars Custom as well as the Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. Just so everyone knows, the decals on the Tri-Stars are more difficult than those for the Nu. But the Nu is done and a gallery will be up soon, and the Zaku II should follow not long after. But wait, this post is about the MG Strike Freedom Full Burst so let’s talk about that instead.
I’ve gotten the upper body, legs, and rifles finished but I can’t attach everything together until I do the skirt. So away we go.
This starts the skirt assembly; two halves with a poly-cop inserted into each. After which a small movable part is snapped on either side.
Then this rather oddly shaped frame piece and an accompanying armor piece are put on from the top.
The front armor clips into the front via a ball and socket design and then is held in place by the front center block.
The rear skirts will attach the same way but they connect to this movable piece.
This is all very reminiscent of my experiences with the PG Strike Freedom. I guess good designs don’t need to change. If the wheel ain’t broke…
Rear armor parts.
Once all that is on there is one thing left to do. Fill that little hollow in the bottom of the frame.
You use this to do it.
Once that’s done you can connect the legs.
And now we have a complete humanoid Mobile Suit.
Of course, there is a certain something that makes the Strike Freedom the Strike Freedom. Well actually eight somethings. Dragoons!
Having been through the tedium that is the assembly of the Dragoons for the PG version of the Strike Freedom I can say I wasn’t really looking forward to this part of the build. Luckily for me, the MG version doesn’t have the gimmick that the PG had so this should be a lot simpler. The instructions:
A lot of this is almost identical to what we saw with the PG so I’ll be brief with the descriptions and let the pics do the explaining.
Down to the rotating peg that will connect to the opposite Dragoon the MG insides are just like the PG’s and function in the same way. This pleased me. Being the Master Grade, and the earlier of the two kits, I expected there not to be this kind of engineering on the MG Dragoons.
Now for that sexy coated frame.
This runner holds all the pieces you need to assemble all the dragoons. The parts here are what is most visible on the Mobile Suit.
Even these smaller parts are coated.
With no gimmick these are assembled in seconds!
They attach to by this large groove found on the side.
Again almost identical to the PG.
From here it’s the same so I’ll just stop there.
Now that you’ve got this pair assembled you have to connect them together and more importantly to the Strike Freedom. For that you need these parts.
Even the peg is coated, ahem (cough,cough) PG?
Look at that thing. Even in 1/100 Master Grade scale they look huge. Now do it again for the other side.
After you’ve got all Dragoons assembled you finally construct the backpack.
The backpack on the PG was something I really enjoyed putting together thanks to the design which allowed the sets of thrusters to move independently. You won’t find that on the MG version.
But it still looks good.
But I’ve still got the Beam Rifles.
This front section slides forwards and back.
Add that large white armor part and a couple of extras.
Then the manual states I’m to apply a sticker.
Thank you for your support.
With everything done I wanted to put Mr. Strike Freedom on a stand to see the how it looked.