kit: 1/100 MG Buster Gundam

Categories: Buster Gundam, MG, Showcase

1. Sonar says:

Slick decal work. Sure nailed that colour scheme. The stock scheme is pretty blergh. Nice one dude.

2. Kyle says:

Pretty pimp looking buster. Good work, the metallic colours really make it stand out.

3. enamelhands says:

what a great color scheme. now i want a buster!

4. ClayCannonII says:

Sweet paint job Syd

5. Ben says:

Hi, there nice work, wondering how you managed some of the decals though, those for the legs and around corners…

Hi Ben,

The stickers actually come that way on the Buster sticker sheet. I just had to line them up properly. I did make some changes though. I didn’t use any of the dry transfers but only used the marking stickers. The markings on the shoulders you see are meant for the weapons as well as some of those found on the arms.

6. sumo.monkey says:

Hi, i don’t know where to post this question, so i thought here is as good as any other place. So, it’s my first time to paint a kit, a MG Tallgeese, which i messed up and need to redo. I would just like to ask, how do you deal with the thickening of the parts after painting and they almost cannot fit. Apprciate any help. TNX

• Brian says:

Paint remover or a high grain sandpaper should do the job in removing paint. If you choose sanding, make sure you have a medium grain too so you can minimize the “scratches” made from sanding.

• sumo.monkey says:

Thanks Brian. Maybe you can share your experience with regards to my other problem.

after painting, the plastic thickens and the snap on parts won’t fit anymore.

is there a technique here?
        or am i doing it the wrong way?
        or do i really have to mask the snap on areas?

appreciate any help

• Brian says:

You can try masking the pegs or any other places. That’s strange because I painted all the Tallgeese and had no problem whatsoever.