So it’s now October. Apparently there were these months, August and September, that just finished happening that I failed to pay attention to and as such failed to write a Work Table post for both. You know what? I don’t feel bad.

Now that the temperature around here has started cooling down I actually feel like moving and perhaps even getting something done. I spent this past week preparing for painting. And then a typhoon came.

Now let’s talk about models and what is…

No Longer on the Work Table

This is where I write about the kits that I have completed since the last update and looking over my stuff I see that, hey, I did complete something. Three somethings, in fact.

Sonic the Marasai

I am very satisfied with how this kit turned out. Parts of three MG kits went into the making of this mecha-rodent and I feel I pulled off the theme pretty well. Others must have thought so too because it even showed up on Tomopop.

You can check out the Marasai Gallery here and if you’re curious about the WIP click here.

Also completed sometime in the last couple of months…

RG Justice Gundam

Another great looking kit from Bandai. I didn’t need to do much to it as it looks amazing OOB.

Gallery

WIP

And I even managed some Gentei.
限定 MG RX-78-2 Ver. 2.0 Real Type Color

A quick, fun build with some details added by me. Best part about this kit, aside from it being the Real Type Color, are the water-slides Bandai included.

With those out of they way it’s time to talk about what is currently…

On the Work Table

My Buffalo Sabres Blitz!

This guy is nearing completion. I’ve been taking my time getting the painting done, dividing my time between paint prep for this guy and a certain vehicle model. For the most part I’m happy with how it’s turning out, though I really hate painting white!

An MG Gelgoog!

I got this guy because I wanted to play around detailing that very large frame, though the Gelgoog build got delayed with the arrival of the other kit on my work table.

MG Buster Gundam!

This guy blew me off my feet so I want to spend some more time with this great kit. The thing is, I’m not sure what I want to do with it. Usually I can look at the kit and an idea will pop into my head but with Buster no such idea is forthcoming yet. Does that mean I paint it in the stock colors? I’m sure something will come to me in the near future.

Speaking of the near future. It’s now time for…

Coming to the Work Table

Next week I’ll be heading to the Tokyo Model show and there I hope to see the kit I’m most excited about, the MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. The test shots in the most recent hobby magazines have me drooling. I also am kind of curious about how the MG AGE-2 Dark Hound will look as it is kind of on my radar. I’m also really excited to see the MG Aegis and hoping for some more MG SEED magic. One other kit I am hoping to get my hands on even though it’s not new, per se, is the HG Gundam AGE-FX kit. I wasn’t too interested in it but pictures in recent magazines have caused me to rethink this. I hope to pick it up and play around with it when Bandai restocks in October. And let’s not forget the RG line. The Zeta is only a month or so away and Bandai has revealed it has a wave-rider form. Crazy.

Two other kits that are actually under my desk at the moment will be cracked open and put on the Work Table very shortly.

RG Justice Deactive Mode

I’ll probably get on this before I get on the Freedom.

And another gentei kit is in my possession. The MG 1/100 MS-06S Black Tri-Star Zaku Ver. 2.0.

I’ve been lucky to get my hands on some of the rarer Gentei kits and if you’re also lucky, you can too. I am not supposed to write anything specific yet, but if you’re interested in limited edition kits, keep your eyes on this site.

How’s everyone else’s work table looking? As messy as mine?

1. Agent_Chooster says:

Nicely thought out switching out the Blitz’s booster with the Sinanju pair. Looks like you have alot to look forward to by the end of the year.

I have a bunch of unpainted kits just waiting to be painted. On the table as of right now, or really it’s been 4 months, my first airbrushed kit: the Mg Aile Strike. Suffering a bit with the learning curve of air brushing.

2. Jeff says:

Seeing as how I had to drop out for the semester due to medical reasons, I’ve got a pretty big work table now. Mainly kits that need decal work(RG MK II Titans, MG Sandrock, MG Blitz, and MG Age-2 Normal). I’ll also likely visit the local hobby shop for some HG’s to occupy my time(one good part about dropping out for the semester for medical reasons is that they give you a full refund, so I’ve got more than 3k coming in). Also got a 70 lb shelf I need to build. Plus I plan on doing a comparison build between Lego and their competitor Mega Bloks.

3. Brian says:

Got yourself a Tri Star Zaku? Nice!
    Mine is

Duel Gundam Assaultshroud (topcoat and few decals and handpainting)
    Buster Gundam MG (decaling in progress)
    Blitz Gundam MG (painting)
    Crossbone X1 Full Cloth MG
    Extreme Gundam HG
    GM Sniper II HG

4. Tony says:

Wow… are you usually working on this many kits at once in different phases? I’d go crazy and probably glue two kits together at the elbow or something.

5. ClayCannonII says:

Cant wait for the Nu Ver. Ka. What happened to the Zebracorn???

6. Bocalt says:

To celebrate the “unfortunate” end of Age (yes i really miss my gundam show fix of the week) finally started the MG Age-1 Normal,with hg Double Bullet close by (seriously the flying form sucks but the overall looks of the gundam are sharper than what you’d think from pics and all so highly recommended). Please someone answer should I take MG Age 2 or MG Blitz, I can get a decent price on both if I take one of them with a MG Buster, both kits got flaws from what I understood, but its a hard time deciding and with more upcoming kits, gosh got my hands full.

7. GunplaFan says:

Did you ever finish that Zebracorn? I really wanted to see it.
    No Longer On My Work Table:
    1/144 HG Avalanche Exia Dash:A little hard to pose with all the gear on it, but the poses you can pull off are amazing.

On My Work Table:
    Currently nothing at the moment. Gotta take a break sometime. 😀

Coming To My Work Table:
    1/144 Deathscythe Hell Custom: I really want a 1/144 Wing kit, so I decided to get the DH because it’s always been my fave.

1/144 God Gundam: G Gundam was my favorite Gundam series, so I decided to start getting all of the HGFC kits that come out from now on. I already have the Shining Gundam, so now it’s on to the God Gundam.

• Tony says:

Depending on which release you’re talking about, I may have just finished the Deathscythe Hell Custom you’re about to get – its in the Reader Submissions now, and hopefully yours doesn’t take 5 years to finish or end up missing parts lol.

8. bunny says:

syd, are there any hobby shows in tokyo in decemeber or so? probably the later part hmm.
    thanks!

9. GunplaGamer says:

I have MG Epyon, (painting it White and gold…BLACK inner frame.) I just finished my kit-bash of HG Quanta and HG Banshee, I need to decal my RG Titans, and I have around 16 or so Gunpla to build along with my order of MG Blitz Clear, Unicorn Awakening version, and RG real color zaku. Also have RG Zeta coming down the pipe as well as MG Nu Gundam ver ka…soo many gunpla soo little time ><

• Kerim says:

If you want them to look good, you can buy a Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte top coat which gives off a smooth edge to it. Without the top coat, it looks like a frkiaeng toy due to the plastic sheen, but with the top coat you can give that shiny plastic a brittle clay texture.

• Tony says:

You have a site we can see all those at?

10. ClayCannonII says:

When are you going to do another work table syd?