kit: 1/100 MG Blitz Gundam

Categories: Blitz, MG, Showcase

1. Tony says:

You know, you could probably fashion the beam scythe from the new MG Deathscythe into a pretty wicked hockey stick for this guy hahaha.

2. Mark says:

Hi syd, love the colors on the blitz, they really complement each other. By the way, do you paint the inner frames of your MG models?

Hi Mark,

It depends. Sometimes I will and many times I won’t. In many cases, the frame is so hidden that you can get away with not painting it.

3. ClayCannonII says:

GOAL!!!!!!!

4. Celeste says:

Your still crazy but that’s why I love you and your site Syd ^_^

5. Joe says:

Top notch work! You managed to keep the Mobile Suit’s original feel but also add a lot of team spirit. Well done and those lines look so crisp!

6. Kyle says:

Whoa nice paint job. I like how it looks with the Sinanju wings instead of its normal thrusters. The #39 is a nice touch too.

7. Sonar says:

That colour scheme is crazy man. You knocked that one out of the park. Love it.

8. ace says:

man so glad you decide to paint this though my personal favorites are the silver V-fins and that flying claw maybe you could have changed the wire color as well, i never got the courage to go as far as painting the whole kit hope to see more!!

9. fury-s12 says:

even as a guy who knows nothing about hockey or the team this color scheme works so well

10. amuro ray says:

when i hear buffalo i think of ryan fitzpatrick 🙂

11. Hey Syd, did you just spray the black parts on the runner, or did you hand-paint them?

Also, what silver did you use for this?

Hi Tristan,

I sprayed all the parts after I removed them from the runners. The silver is Tamiya Silver Leaf.

• Cool, thanks. I’ll be trying that out on my next build (hopefully, crossing my fingers for an easy purchase of the MG Zeta). That silver looks really great on this unit, hopefully I can buy a can… :3

I like the 3.0 the best but it’s a bit more work than the other two kits you mentioned. It is the best-looking RX-78-2 to date, in my opinion.

12. fareedrozaini says:

Is the modification on the backpack part added from Sinanju ?