It’s a Gelgoooooog!

That’s a little shout-out right there, I suppose.

I’ve built several Zaku II 2.0 and a Gouf 2.0 but until now had never experienced a Gelgoog of any kind let alone the 2.0 version so I figured, hey, why not?

First thing that needs to be said about this kit; It’s big. Certain parts of it, that is.

Just look at that shield! But, you know, it wasn’t the shield in this kit that caught my interest. It was the Sniper Rifle. (Hold your tongue about the ridiculousness of a gigantic fighting mobile suit using a Sniper Rifle.)

Bandai lets you build the Rifle giving you a choice of using a bipod or no.

If you’re using a sniper rifle it means you are quite a distance from your target so of course the extra support a bipod gives you is of great assistance. tl;dr = I went bipod

And a grenade launcher for your Sniper Rifle? Hmm.

Once I finished playing around with the MSR, I mean the Sniper Rifle that comes with the Gelgoog, I went straight to the shield.

The first step is to assemble the parts that will allow the Gelgoog to sport such a monstrous shield.

And just like the shield the poly-caps are huge.

Beam weapon handle which attaches to the underside of the shield.

Moving onto the frame there are more massive pieces.

Slide the pilot into his seat.

One of the reasons I was interested in this kit was for the internal frame. It features a lot of frame aspects you don’t see on other kits but I’ll talk more about that when the time comes. This is the reason why you’re not seeing any armor parts attached yet.

These pieces look odd.

Poly-caps in the back?

Now for something that will look very familiar.

Yup, that’s the head.

Very much like that in the Zaku II 2.0

Complete with mono-eye.

On a previous trip to Akiba with ASM I picked up some aurora stickers.

I like to keep these around for use on mono-eyes and weapon scopes. Ergo…

The aurora didn’t fit properly. It was a bit too thick and would rub against the clear piece when I tried to move the mono-eye so the solution was to remove the aurora sticker and using my knife cut off some of the clear plastic on the mono-eye piece.

The arm frames are similar enough to those on the Zaku II 2.0 that I think explanation isn’t really necessary.

I’d like to say that I have more of the Gelgoog finished but we just had a long weekend here and when I wasn’t painting MG Blitz pieces I was out with my family. I’ll get back to it soon enough, though the Blitz has recaptured my attention for the time being.

Categories: Gelgoog 2.0

1. ClayCannonII says:

Do you have a theme for it yet?

• Tony says:

I think the default theme is gigantic. But that means there will be plenty of metaphorical canvas on which to add details. Seriously, it looks like you could paint a tiny picture on that shield.

Hi Clay,

I don’t have a theme, per se, but am really interested in seeing what can be done with the giant frame it has.

2. Dan says:

Hi Syd,

Are you going to show off the Blitz Mirage Colloid? The Gelgoog looks fun to build!!

Hi Dan,

Do you mean the clear Blitz? That guy is tucked away while I work on the regular Blitz. I don’t see myself getting to it anytime soon.

3. Sunny says:

Say Syd, you said in your show the other day that u build a Zeta plus type C, why cant I see it in the gallery ? Or did u only build it out of the box with no paint on it ?
    I submitted mine in the competition last year, so you probably saw it already.

I love the Gelgoog, my brother has the char colored on its really big and bulky but in a good way. I always liked the design of it.

Hi Sunny,

That was one of the earliest kits I ever built and looking back on it, I didn’t do a very good job, even though it was OOB with dry transfers. I may go back to it sometime but that’s far off in the future.

4. ghostdeini says:

Hey Syd, how similar is the frame to the Zaku II 2.0? I’ve built three of them (and an unopened Zaku Cannon in my queue) and I’m kinda worried this kit would be more of the same… not that it would be horrible, but variety is the spice of life, ya know?

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

5. Dennis says:

Such a nice kit. Mine went together very easily despite being as HUGE as it is.