Like a good many fellow Gunplars I also enjoy playing some games when I have some spare time. Or, when I specifically make time do play. I’ve been a gamer since I was a teenager and back then played Role-playing games and sports titles. When I originally moved to Japan I was so busy trying to find work and spending lots of time in the dojo that I stopped gaming almost altogether. Then I was given a Playstation 3. These days I spend most of my gaming time playing Gran Turismo or FPS (CoD and Battlefield 3). As most gamers know CoD titles allow you to edit little snippets of action and post them on YouTube. I enjoyed playing around with the editor on Black Ops so with MW3 whenever I actually manage to accomplish something cool (which isn’t often, by the way) I try to make a clip. Until now those clips have gone mostly unnoticed except for raiser188 who always takes the time comment (thank you!), so I figured why not share them with people who are reading my site who also may be into these things I am into.

On MW3 when I’m not in try-hard mode I am working on my sniping skills. I’ve seen plenty of videos of snipers ripping it up on YouTube and I wanted to see if I could do the same. As you will see, I can’t. But the fun is in the trying and reliving it afterwards through video (ha!) So this first gaming related post has a sniper theme. If you’re interested, why not check out my progression as a sniper starting with my first ever attempt on MW3.

(cringe)

With a bolt action sniper you have to be fast and good. Or just really lucky!

(video editing is more cringe)

I gotta admit it was tough. I’m not good when scoped in. The small maps in CoD don’t allow you to use your long range advantage much. Things turned around when I unlocked the MSR.

Or maybe by that time I had much more map knowledge.

Just as I was building up some sniper skills Battlefield 3 was released and I got hooked on the vehicle warfare and didn’t play MW3 much. When new maps became available for Elite members I picked it back up.

After a bit of practice I found I was able to react much quicker as the scope came up.

Then one day I pulled off my first true Quickscope.

I find I have the most success on the map Interchange which has some really long site lines.

And these days I’m finding I can actually hit a Quickscope every now and then.

Occasionally I have games like this.

Last week, during double weapon XP, I finally maxed out the MSR and got the Gold Camo. Immediately I switched to the L118A. It’s not as bad as I remember it. maybe I am getting better.

Did anyone notice the clan tag I use?

Categories: Gai-Gun Gaming

1. Dingo says:

Internet line in Vietnam has gone down the drain since two weeks ago. I really like to watch the vid, but no luck. Maybe later. /sigh

2. Deadly S2 sniper! Very accurate indeed

3. ClayCannonII says:

Do you play any of the gundam games

4. ChexGuy says:

Given that I am a PC-elitist gamer, I will now post an obligatory comment about the state of the gaming industry, consumer zombies who buy the same game for a fresh $60 every year, how MLG is a joke for even considering CoD as a competitive game, among other things.

Don’t get me wrong, CoD is fun, it’s just not worth the money. I seriously don’t like the way Activision cares more about money than making a game.

I used to be somewhat of an elitist when it came to music and also film and had the same opinion of zombies buying whatever is put in front of them. However, my view has somewhat changed. If the product isn’t entertaining then people will stop buying it. That’s just the way it is. And if people don’t stop buying it then the industry has every right to keep producing it. I think Activision is actually pretty good compared to EA and the fiasco that is Battlefield Premium has turned into.

5. seaslugs says:

Nice clips! I’m a bit curious what gaming in Japan is like. Are you usually match-made with people in the US, UK, or other Japanese? I know Playstation is more popular than Xbox over there, but do the Japanese play Call of Duty?

You should also give the AS50 a try. Its scope has a lower zoom level than the rest of the snipers, making quick scoping at close range a little easier, although the movement speed is slower than the MSR.

This is a good question and one I can answer in a good amount of detail. Sometimes, it sucks! But this is because I purchased the Hardened edition of MW3 to get Elite and get early access to new DLC maps however, Elite isn’t available in Japan so whenever I get the new DLC I get matched up on US or European servers and end up running around with a 2 bar (yellow) or 1 bar (red) ping. It is very laggy. When Activision gets around to offering the DLC to now Elite members then Japanese people are able to purchase the maps and the ping gets better for me. Though, often Japanese people will hear non-Japanese in the lobby and run away.

I’ve tried to AS50 and liked it but I’m trying to use only bolt-actions as they offer more of a challenge.

6. fury-s12 says:

pity your (and the rest of japan) arent into 360s as it be fun to play against t b e gunplatv clan lol but im on 360 dang it bf3 ftw too

7. ClayCannonII says:

Did you see the Gunpla based gundam game?

8. cipher says: