kit: 1/144 RG RX-178 Gundam MkII Titans

Categories: MkII Titans, RG

1. Jimmy C says:

I just love how good these RG’s look OOB! Every time I glance over at mine I need to check that this was an OOB RG and not some custom commission work that I bought online after a few too many beers!

• Jimmy C says:

Oh and an awesome tip I got from a Hobby Japan mag GainGun is too run those RG stickers through water before applying them. Makes them look even better than they already do! It helps to blend the edges and allows a bit of movement before final placement. Then the adhesives they use are good enough to stick down as the water gets pressed out. Best bit is, it takes a lot of water to go too far and for a beginner, this makes applying the decal hell that is RG’s, that much easier. Can be used on the metallics as well as the clears!

2. ClayCannonII says:

So what did you do to make the “S2” decals?

3. Skyshadow says:

What is the thing that attaches to the head? A machine gun or some kind?

• Mathai says:

Its called a Vulcan pod, yeah a gun of sorts 🙂

• Ryan says:

As Mathai says, its the vulcan pod. The left hand side houses two gattlings and a aiming camera. The right hand side holds the ammunition. The MK II doesn’t have built in head gattlings, I guess this was made to compensate. I cant understand why the MK II doesnt have them as standard, likely a design choice.

I like that the RG has the missle pods on the inside of the shield that was added as of the second film. The MG 2.0 lacks these which was unusual.

Kit looks fantastic Syd, looking forward to a review.

4. Sonar says:

Almost looks like the plastic has the sheen of the HD version MG kit. That is some nice sticker work. Looking forward to the review!

5. Jonny says:

Those stickers look awful, really off-putting.

I disagree. I think they look pretty good. Especially when you consider how bad the stickers were on MG kits only a couple years ago.

• Jonny says:

I think it’s just down to personal preference. I’m really not a fan of clear stickers on coloured plastic, stands out too much in all the wrong ways for me. RG Freedom’s decals/stickers looked amazing in comparison…must be due to the white.

I do agree that the stickers on the Titans don’t look as good as those on the Aile Strike and Freedom. The armor color definitely has something to do with it.

6. RIP666 says:

still don’t get one for both RG Mk-II, but your job is really great