Yesterday I awoke with a sense of determination. It was the day of the release of the newest Real Grades. When they didn’t show up as expected I became concerned and then a fax came across my desk stating that there was a delay for the RG RX-178 Gundam Mk-II AEUG Version and it would be coming the second week of May. I assumed this also applied for the RG RX-178 Gundam Mk-II Titans Version however, only a moment ago, they arrived. It’s going to be a great Golden Week after all!

Like all RGs the box art is awful. No, really. I am full of awe when I look at it. It’s box art perfection.

Box Contents

Lots of stuff in here. Promotions for the Blu Ray release of Z Gundam.

A free character code for the Gundam Masters game which I’ll never play because I don’t do cellphone gaming.

There’s even the little cables/ropes that you find in the MG version!

And all those RG markings!

You can see they give you the choice of 01, 02, and 03. I wonder if I can make an S out of one of those 0s and then it will match my Gentei Ecopla S2.

Manual

And the mighty marking guide. I look forward to battling you.

Bring it on, Golden Week! I am ready.

Categories: Builds, MkII Titans, Real Grade

1. hiroy_raind says:

Darn, here I wanted to build the AEUG ver. first so I can prepare some extra work for the Titans version.

2. ClayCannonII says:

Then I jizzed in my pants…..so sexy

3. ClayCannonII says:

Is there a place for leds, cuz I see you can choose the clear eye decal?

It would take a bit of work to get an LED in there. You’d likely have to go with an external power source. That clear eye sticker is designed to have two more eye shaped stickers placed over top to give a bit more of a three dimensional look.

4. ok, I’m very very tempted. =S but I still got 6 kits in my shelf. get it built Syd! this is awesome…

5. Ben says:

I’ve been keeping the Zeta anime for harder times (less stuff to watch) so I was unaware of the fate of the two other Titan MKII which I hear were never used after they were stolen (the titans never even retrieved them afterwards) What’s the value of this color variation in the eyes of the gunpla crowd? Sure it looks nice but does it hold a special meaning or Anime value? Or did it get those PG,MG 2.0 and now RG releases just because it was easy to do or do they sell for a particular reason?

• Joe says:

The Titans Gundam Mk II was the second Gundam ever animated, that’s why it’s so popular. So to a lot of Japanese fans, the Titans version is the second Gundam they saw and obsessed about. The Titans versions were around for a decent chunk of the first part of the anime. That and a lot of people like the Titans, not just their colors. Plenty of reasons to like the Titans version of the Mk II.

• Ryan says:

Hi Ben, After the 3 units were taken, one was of course repainted and used by Camile and then Emma.

One unit was dismantled to be studied, and i understand parts were used in Zeta’s construction.

Another was used in construction of the Hyaku-shiki i believe. I remember reading this somewhere as i was curious myself.

Ive never been a fan of the blue scheme MK II, Definetly getting myself the AEUG scheme. Love my MG 2.0, one of my favorite kits.

• Ben says:

Thanks for the info guys, I ordered it anyway, i’m kinda collecting those RGs its still easy for now unlike for MGs and HGs, still think the titans and normal should be seperate numbers I mean they didn’t do so for the Zaku II and the sheets of decals are different…

6. ClayCannonII says:

I want one D:

7. Sonar says:

Super keen to build this guy

8. Hypnos says:

need to save money for MG Hi nu conversion kit … need to save money for MG Hi nu conversion kit … need to save money for MG Hi nu conversion kit … need to save money for MG Hi nu conversion kit … AHHHH SCREW IT ! I´M BUYING THIS !

9. Skyshadow says:

MMMMMM YEAAAA…. dammit… I want to get… rg… justice…. soo hard….. aggghhhh

10. Hugo says:

This guy is sexy. First I was considering getting the MG version, since I don’t generally favor de 1/144 scale, but after I started building the RG RX 78-2 I changed my mind.