After assembling the suit I return to assemble and play around with the Waverider mode. There are a couple sections that need to be (re)assembled, but first…

Here’s the hand that holds the beam saber. I love the gold beam saber handle.

Here’s what you need for the transformation – shoulders, feet, and another set of front skirt armor.

Once those are assembled you add some small pieces to these big pieces…

…then take Mr. Delta apart.

For the Waverider you’ll still be using the rear skirt portion so you have to disassemble that a bit before you attach it the larger pieces.

Then place the arms into the underside of the Waverider piece and slide the shoulders on from the sides, then the legs and wings go on.

(I should probably show how the legs and wings went on.)

The first step for the legs is to detach the ankle then pull the front part of the foot off and slide it onto the foot parts you assembled last.

Then you can attach the foot back onto the leg and bend the knee in the direction you don’t expect a knee to go.

The legs then slide onto the Waverider piece from the rear.

Then handle of the rifle folds in leaving this small section extruding.

This then attaches from below to whichever wing you choose.

Then the shield attached from the bottom.

But this picture doesn’t really do the Delta Gundam justice.

That’s more like it.

I wanted to photograph him against a black background so the gold would show better.

How did I do?

Categories: Builds, Delta Gundam, HG

1. Ryan says:

Very impressive. I can see why this is a very popular kit right now. How does it hold up when transformed?

Hi Ryan,

It’s fine in its Waverider form. Everything fits snugly and you don’t need to worry about anything falling off.

• Ryan says:

Thank goodness. I have the MG Zeta 2.0 and i love it, its a great looking suit, but ive had it 5 years now and time has left it very unstable both in mobile suit mode and waverider. Im scared of it breaking so i just leave it collecting dust in waverider. Heck my 10 year old Wing 1/100 scales have stood the test of time far better. Newer kits seem to be built from a softer more durable plastic, so lets hope 😀

2. ClayCannonII says:

So……..shiny.

3. Hypnos says:

it´s beatiful… i want to buy 2 ,1 to paint gold, and another to do a little project .. i want to paint it as the skull squadron from macross 😀

4. Dan says:

Hi Syd,

The gundam looks great!! Have you had any problems with nub marks?

Hi Dan,

With the undergating there wasn’t really much in the way of worrying nub marks except on some of the non gold parts.

5. Mathai says:

I think with all that bling you might need a more diffused light source. Nice kit btw.