As this HGUC Delta Gundam is very similar to the HGUC Delta Plus Gundam I feel I don’t need a lot of text here, but don’t worry, there are plenty of pictures and I will elaborate where necessary.

Torso

(You can see here the ‘tools’ I used to get those small poly-caps into the rear of the torso.)

Head

You are given the choice between a foil sticker with red eyes and a plain black foil sticker. I went with the eyes.

Here’s the first encounter with the under-gates.

Arms

Hands

You get an entire runner for the hands and check this out…

Separate parts for the thumbs. And on top of that…

The fist-clenched hands are three pieces. um.. why?

Feet

Legs

And now for a time consuming process.

You can see how each opening uses four stickers, one for each side. They are quite small and being the perfectionist I am it took me quite some time to get them lined up to my satisfaction.

Skirt

This thing’s so shiny you can see the reflection of the camera. It was hard for my camera to determine which part to focus on.

So far so bling!

Backpack

Rifle

Shield

More precise sticker application here.

And the suit is finished.

Shiny.

Next post I’ll show the parts swapping for the Waverider mode.

Categories: Builds, Delta Gundam

1. Mark says:

Hey syd, i’ve seen pictures on gundam guy showing the delta gundam painted Tamiya gold leaf(not to sure ’bout this) and i’m thinking about doing the same, but will i have to remove the gold coating on the model before spraying?

Hi Mark,

I think you will have to remove the mekki if you want the paint to stick, but you could always try painting onto a used mekki runner and see what happens.

2. kolinsky says:

sooo flashy. and pricey! 🙂

I hope they release an MG soon though… and I hope they release it in the HD colors of Hyaku Shiki…

Nice review as alwaya Syd… cant wait for your final verdict of the MG Duel. 🙂

3. Dingo says:

One word: Gorgeous!!! Any sight of wavy pattern on the gold plated color? (I don’t really know the right term for this, sorry >.<, one example is the red part on the binder, the part has wavy pattern)

4. Dennis says:

Did he escape from Fort Knox? lol

5. Joe says:

Hey Syd I have noticed that you are open to building more than just gunpla. so for your next non gunpla related build why not try the high ned master mold liger zero?

6. Tom says:

Damn, that shield would have been all bling if there weren’t any stickers.

7. Nacho-wan says:

My real concern on this thing is there are visible numb marks on the armor. From your pictures it seems there are none, but I wanted to ask because is a shame spend so much money on a specialty coated model to remove the bling-bling