Despite not being a fan of the anime series I still think the AGE-1 Normal, as a suit design, isn’t half bad. Wondering whether Bandai had implemented some new design/engineering elements for this new line of Master Grade kits, I picked up the 1/100 MG Gundam AGE-1 Normal to see just what this MG and its soon to follow brethren, are all about.

So far so good with the box art. I’ve actually seen the box art quite a while ago at the Gundam Expo. I liked it then and I like it now.

Box Contents:

I pictured the AGE-1 Normal MG to be similar to the RX-78-2 2.0 MG and it definitely resembles it in box size and contents.

Here are the included markings. Briefly looking at the manual it seems you will have choices to make using some stickers or foils. Speaking of the manual.

Anyone like the design with the black on the sides?

It looks like this will be a very articulate MG. I’m starting to feel a slight sensation that could vaguely resemble something akin to excitement.

And here’s the interesting part.

About half the runners in the box are designated MG Gundam AGE-1 Normal while the rest are MG Gundam AGE.

The MG Gundam AGE runners:

Looks like we will be seeing these runners with the Titus and Spallow as well. While understandable when you consider the design of the suits, it does lead me to think that once I’ve built the AGE-1 Normal I will really have no reason to build the others. Why build basically the same suit multiple times? Oh wait, I do that already.

Categories: AGE-1 Normal, Builds, MG

1. kolinsky says:

I really do not understand why Ban Dai keeps on using the swappable hands… Id rather get the 2.0 type hands… specially for the duel and age which ot would really fit well.

not a fan of swappable hands at all.

2. Kefka says:

I confess to not having built the Age HGs but the limbs are so vastly different you only build the chest and head multipple times

3. QantaRaiser says:

i must say i’m looking forward to this, i’m starting to like the looks of the AGE suits a lot, can’t wait to see you build it! and maybe you won’t have to build it multiple times, just build the limbs and swap them out lol…

4. Skyshadow says:

I hope they come out with a mg genoace custom or exes or bouncer soon. I actually just like those white wolf eniacl suits.

5. Brian says:

Looks like 2012 will be another great year for MG with the AGE too. Quite interesting to see a manual format for the UC MGs (Delta Plus, Re-ZEL, Gundam 2.0, etc.) being used for the AGE as well.

As for parts, I’m seeing trigger fingers for BOTH hands! Wow! Haven’t seen that since HG Blue Destiny! A big plus! But a movable thumb is both interesting and doubtful at the same time.

Can’t wait for this guy with the newly announced MG Marasai! Dat sexy Beam Saber and Dagger pose!

6. Zeta Newtype says:

I’m not sure I like AGE hogging up the MG releases, but we are getting the SEED MGs after the awesome line of GW MGs so I suppose i’m okay with that. I just can’t behind any of the designs, even the cool ones are rips off of previous gundam series’ suits.

7. Ryan says:

Not keen on the AGE line at all, dont like the designs and the anime doesnt appeal to me at all. Very Excited about the MG SEED line and im hoping to see more additions to the MG 00 line too, A MG Seravee and MG Zabiyana would be fantastic additions to the line and real center pieces in any collection. Would like to see a MG Exia Repair 2(im aware of the minimal changes) to complete my set of Setsuna Machines. A MG Verde Buster would be fantastic also, cause i think its the most Stylish looking long ranged gundam. Keep up the good work Bandai!

8. Nacho-wan says:

This would be nice if A)you are interested in AGE B)bandai decides so sell only the sparrow and titus parts a la skygrasper RG. I don’t know if I like the grills in the extremities but certainly it is a curious design element.

• Tristan says:

i highly doubt that they’ll do that cause the titus has red shoulder parts. Maybe for the spallow they could do that but that would be a smart marketing tool

9. cipher says:

where those shiny seals goes?
    is it inside the clear green part?

10. Ben says:

Gosh i hope you get to build and complete this kit soon, i’m holding on the purchase because i’ve yet to find a good detailed review of this kit. I loved the hg, the three age forms are propably the kits i fiddle with the most since i started gunpla(though spallow has the least poses but they are pretty cool looking though) but i felt like the hg had everything except for MG level detail, the megasize had pretty sweet details too so how does the mg score up, does it have even more detail than the megasize on a “plain” looking gundam design,can it pull off even more cool poses than the HG? and finally is there anything actually refreshing about the build for someone who like most of us has been building most of those EW kits for nearly a year. I’m afraid this MG is too simple and made for the newer gunpla builders (not that i’m all for complexity- but hey you want something that makes you smile at the ingeniosity of bandai once in a while). BTW the Titus boxart looks awesome, I guess Spallow will be pretty sweet too though its so going to get a -1 on your extras score if you ever built it 😀 and is a not buy for me.

Hi Ben,

I’ve got the kit half built and will put up a WIP soon on the site but let me just say that so far it has been a good build and there are a lot of interesting aspects to it. It’s quite a breath of fresh air after all the EW kits.