I’ve gone ahead and used epoxy putty to fill in the gaps in the piece that many people have had breakage problems with.

I will probably leave them like this. I could insert metal rod down the center to strengthen it but I’ll see how this goes first. If they break I already have spared waiting.

I painted them in the Tamiya Gold I have been using. I think that’s all the gold parts painted and I hope that’s the case because I have no more paint left.

So here are the Dragoons laid out.

I won’t paint these yet. Before I can get to them I have to paint the backpack pieces that hold the Dragoons in place.

When I was assembling them again something happened.

Dammit!

All I did was assemble them. There’s nothing in the way that should cause it to crack like this. This speaks to the tight fits of a PG kit. Blah!

Consternation.

The first step was to make the line which will divide the red and white.

Then I masked the remainder and put it on the kit to see how it lined up.

Satisfied, I moved onto the next one.

Then I masked even more!

I needed to paint the gold with a coat of clear red. I masked in such a way that I can remove one layer of masking and still have the first masking layer in place.

While I waited for it to dry I messed about with the feet.

I took the armor off to prepare for painting and then on a whim…

These pieces won’t be seen but I thought I would add a touch of color to the bottoms of the feet.

With the paint dry I removed a layer of masking.

Then I masked the clear red area in preparation to paint the red on the armor, however four straight days of wet weather have made it impossible to paint or apply top coat to the painted foot armor. Blah1

fury-s12,

This is for you!

Categories: Builds, Courage

1. sniperaven says:

wow syd looking good…>_<

2. jiminboo says:

Looking great so far Syd! I’ve had those cracks happened to me on MGs parts I’ve painted. I’m wondering if this particular piece you cracked here is a common issue on PG Strike Freedoms…

3. Tom says:

Ouch for that crack. But it’s coming alone pretty nice.

4. When you think it can’t get better than the expected awesomeness, it does!
    “Consternation.” made me laugh hard XD
    It would make a nice inside joke for when you post a comment that could use that pic as an emoticon. “How’s this for a precise fit? You’re right. It’s not good at all. Consternation.”

5. fury-s12 says:

this needs an xzhibit based image something like
    yo dawg we heard you like masking so we put masking on your masking so you can mask while you mask

6. sniperaven says:

nice edit…haha…lol

7. Troy says:

hey Syd
    love the PGSF you created, really inspirational, so i brought one,, and waiting for it to come in, looking forward to build one of my own, but i want to put a metal rod in the parts with the breakage problem, but i have no idea on how to go about it, it would be really helpful if you can give some instructions, or point me in a direction where i can find out how. Thank you

Hi Troy,

I think Busterbeam of Plamo Addiction had chosen to work with metal rods to fix his part but I don’t know if I’m remembering correctly or just imagining things. I would start there.