This will be the last of the test build posts for the Epyon. I am at the end of the build and I find myself at the beginning of the construction manual. Finally, I am assembling the torso to which all other assembled sections will attach.

The first step is building the cockpit.

(again I have not painted the pilot.)

Then you assembled the shoulder joints.

And with one more piece the frame is complete. This is very much like the Wing. I am experiencing Deja Vu.

Next up is to add the armor.

A green sticker goes on the circle you can see here and then a clear piece is used to cover it. As I am not putting any stickers on yet I just skipped that part.

Torso finished!

So now that the torso is out of the way I get out my collection of already assembled Epyon sections.

(Click),(Snap),(Click)

Upper body!

Sweet!

The foot bone connects to the ankle bone…

…and then a winglike piece connects to the ankle bone…

This may be the most important piece of the entire kit.

This piece not only connects the legs together…

…but is also where the skirt attaches to the legs. Without this piece you would not be able to finish the Epyon.

You would cry if you were unable to finish the Epyon.

The Wings attach to the torso by the exact same design as the Wing Gundam, the Deathscythe, the Shenlong and probably the Deathscythe Hell which I don’t have.

Sweet!

Now let’s try to transform him!

Some people mentioned rocket shooting hands?

Ya, you just take those off.

Turn the rear skirt armor out.

Play around with that funky skirt design.

It can stand up like this as well. ha!

Attach the back part of the skirt to the backpack.

Flip the legs over.

Point those feet and open the mouths if you prefer. Turn the read skirt piece back down.

Attach the sword to the shield.

Be sure to push the links on its chain weapon tight together to make the tail stay straight.

Now you need the adaptor for the stand (even if you aren’t going to put it on the stand.)

The tails slides into the gap just above the protrusion for the stand. I tried to get a picture of the tail in place there but my camera could not get it into focus. Too much awesome?

The manual has you pull the wings up so they swing in and meet the legs at a joint in the leg armor. They don’t seem to snap into place so I am not sure why the manual instructs you to do this.

This flying thing is cool but I really prefer the Epyon in its Suit form.

I guess all that’s left to do is the review.

And then play with it. And then play with it some more.

And then maybe buy another one so I can build it again.

Categories: Builds, Epyon, MG

1. Kjasi says:

Get an extra Epyon and Wing, and paint them in each other’s colors. That would make things fun in a confusing sort of way. ;P

Awesome build. I can’t wait to get this kit! And I’m sure the others will agree!

• TacoBeard says:

Woah nice idea 😀 would love to see that considering millardo and Heero switched gundams. Another idea that might be cool is the paint the wing gundam so it looks like the original RX-78-2. Blast from the past eh?

2. Dennis says:

EPYON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MoogleDee says:

I’ve also found a certain joy in constructing out-of-order. I did my Shin Musha starting from the bottom up doing the chest and head last. It was more fun watching it all come together this way as opposed to what the manual tells you.

• Asterisk says:

This is what I’ve done with EVERY kit for the past year or so. Except with the twin Ball set. Kind of impossible.

4. Joe says:

I got mine in the mail today! I was so happy, I hugged the mail lady, she was confused… and she slapped me. BUT THEN, I opened the box and Epyon’s awesomely glorious awesomeness washed away the sting from my cheek.

5. Dorian says:

Dude you are the coolest _____ on the planet! I say ____ because I come to your page and see what I want SO badly finished for test mode, but I thank you for showing of Epyon’s beastliness. I can’t get it yet. that’s why I love and hate seeing this. I’m teasing myself too much. I’ll be getting it soon though. Here’s hoping they don’t sell out completely. I’m actually gonna be getting this and the Original MG Wing as soon as I can.

6. Gundam Gunso says:

I also prefer the suit form as he looks way more cool with all the weapons… XD

7. sniperaven says:

OMG, looks better than i imagined, this is too much for the long wait,woooooooohhhhhhhhooooooooooooo, it sure is gonna be worth it though…congrats syd on finishing, now its time to make it in your s2 versions…what will you do?>_<

8. Paulo951 says:

Just got it in the mail ten minutes ago and I cant stop staring at the box art….awesomeness!!
    really hope theres waterslides on the way

9. Tom says:

Epyon’s looking might fine.

10. syd says:

Gotta say I’m loving everyone’s enthusiasm and comments about this kit. You’ll love it.

11. Dakaramor says:

I’m seriously sad my local model shop has not gotten his shipment in with this guy in it yet, but when he does, hooo boy!

12. fury-s12 says:

QUOTE:
    I guess all that’s left to do is the review.

And then play with it. And then play with it some more.

And then maybe buy another one so I can build it again.
    /QUOTE