I’ve got the Epyon in my possession now and the more I look at it the more excited I become so I stopped the work I was doing on some other little projects in order to start on this guy right away. I decided, though, that I will just play this by ear and build it according to my fancy and not in the order the manual has you build it. As such, these series of posts may be all over the place.

With my copilot at my side I set off in a random direction.

Before I start showing the build I thought I would show some more pictures of the box contents.

What are these for? (edit: now I know)

This could possibly be the smallest Master Grade A-runner I have seen.

Plenty of markings for those big wings!

The poly-cap runner.

And this flexible, er.. thing.

Flexible yet stiff. (giggity)

I will start this build with…(cue drum roll)…

The Beam Sword and Shield. (that’s a shield?)

First step is rather simple.

Then you just need to make this…

Dun!

Dun!

Dun!!!

Ten times!

Follow that bit of exercise with the shield portion itself which is just three pieces.

p.s. I think I am falling in love with this color.

The handle is pretty interesting as it seems to go in two directions at once.

Then the final part.

Awesome!

Stretching into infinity!

The beam sword looks like this.

kinda plain compared to the shield.

The weapons didn’t take me very long so I decided to keep going and selected the next portion.

The head.

Here is the beginning of the head.

You can see the fit is pretty precise. I love you, Bandai.

Then the armor goes on.

Like this it reminds of the bird like creatures in the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth which scared the crap out of me as a small child.

The last of the armor.

Nice!

The detail on the back is great, too.

So far the Epyon is more Wing Gundam (good) than Deathscythe (bad).

Which part will I assemble next? Whichever section it is, I can’t wait to get back to it.

Categories: Builds, Epyon, MG

1. rafren+ says:

Upper torso. 😀

now I can’t decide what to get for my first MG

2. sniperaven says:

nice build, can’t wait for mine, nice zooming effect when building the shield whip, that made me laugh…>_<

3. Priza says:

Assemble the Wing part next.this kit is getting interesting every time I look at it.Can’t wait to get mine in the next couple of weeks.

4. Joe says:

Mine just shipped last night (for me, yesterday for you). I got EMS shipping this time around because I just couldn’t wait too much longer. I usually get SAL, but Epyon was the first Gundam I fell head over heals in love with. NO GUNS! Just Melee weapons! A noble Gundam, indeed; as Trieze may have said…

5. MrHAVEN7 says:

loves your co-pilot, Syd… by the way, hope to get it soon… thanks to your picture…XD

6. Fernando Costa says:

I rarely ever follow the manual, mostly because I don’t like multiple unassembled sections lying arround, I like to put the parts together as soon as I finish them.
    Since I don’t get the dreadred “weapons block” (but do get “legs block” sometimes), I prefer to start with the legs, then hips, torso, arms, backpack (if any and not an accessory like a huge sword), head and finally the accessories. (I once started with the hips suspended on an action base, then did the legs, but it wasn’t as exciting)
    Not only it looks as if the mech is being built like it would in real life, you leave the most exciting and interesting parts for last, so there’s no way you’ll get tired of the kit and put it away to finish another day who knows when.

7. Kjasi says:

Epyon is looking great! And going where you want to go is a lot of fun!

I used to follow the instructions, but for 2 of my last 3 builds, I’ve been jumping around, building the parts I want to build. That’s why my God Gundam only has legs & the hips, and why MG RX-78-2 only has his frame (mostly) built. I followed the directions for my HG Unicorn.

But it’s kinda fun to go off-book. Might do it more in the future…

8. Dennis says:

I can’t wait for mine…..

9. fury-s12 says:

when i saw that pic in which you said your falling in love with the color, i thought to my self wow that color is amazing so your not the only one

10. Zeta Newtype says:

I feel like i’ve been saying this alot lately to your posts….but….I can’t wait to get mine in the mail! 😀 Looks good!

11. Tony says:

I do believe that my wonderful girlfriend is getting me this kit for Christmas…. which makes me want Christmas sooner. This thing looks epic. and will have an action base waiting for it… right next to the (hopefully done by then) Wing Gundam Ver.Ka 🙂