I haven’t really decided if I am a fan or not of the 00 Gundam designs.  Some of them look really cool, but others seem lacking in some regards.  I also feel that way somewhat about the 00 Raiser.  In some aspects, it’s a cool looking suit, but at other times it seems a little overdone.  Well, maybe I will come to make up my mind one way or another after building the Master Grade version.  I expect a lot of similarities between this and the MG Qan[T].

First I’ll post some shots of box contents that I found interesting, such as…

This shot of the manual showing the poly-cap runner. Notice how few you will actually use.

And here’s some massive clear parts.

And the smaller ones which might be the exact same as those of the Qan[T}.

And here’s the included stickers and dry transfers. Plentiful!

And, of course, the LED!

When I opened this up it occurred to me that I hadn’t picked up any batteries for it. Oh no! Well, luckily for me it uses the same batteries as the LED in the head of the Perfect Grade Strike Freedom, so I stole those.

The build starts with the head and a lot of attention needs to be paid to the manual.

The manual gives you choices on what stickers to use which depend on whether you plan to use the LED to light up the head or not.

I am building this with the plan of using the LED for the head.

First off is the face/chin.

These pieces are small.

There’s a small transparent piece that is used in the head construction and for reasons unbeknownst to me at the time, you are instructed to put a black sticker around it.

Then more choices for stickers.

With the stickers in place you then put on the large side armor pieces.

Then more choices!

“00 Raiser” or “00”. Hmm.

Bam!

Torso time!

You’ve got a nice swivel, baby.

Shoulders and torso are very much like the Qan[T]. I like the design of these shoulders rather than using poly-caps. It just seems more secure this way.

Little Setsuna sits all alone on a piece of frame (there’s not even a separate part for the seat).

Then he is enclosed by a little hatch.

Then the side parts of the torso are constructed and attached.

Another interesting aspect of this kit design is that when you move the shoulder joints on this kit the torso expands.

Now it’s time to try out that LED. It slides into the torso from the back and then is locked into place with a cover. I need to mention that you need to be sure to have the battery cover on the LED unit screwed tightly into place or else the unit won’t fit into the torso easily and might even get stuck in there.

When positioned properly the light shines up through the small cylindrical transparent piece I showed previously.

Test. Test.

Now for the arms (and these are pretty much identical to the QAN[T].

Stickers again (this time no choice on which one to use.)

Looks familiar.

Then throw on the armor pieces.

For the hands, well, they are exactly like the Qan[T] (but I’ll show them anyway).

These hands assemble just like most MG kits but on this 00 Raiser kit the fit is not good at all. Getting the fingers to stay in place while I put the armor piece on was ridiculously difficult and frustrating. If I released the fingers to reach for the armor piece they would fall, or sometimes, go flying off. Boo! A rare miss from Bandai.

The shoulders are simple and are identical, unlike the Qan[T], so they were a snap (pun intended).

And here’s where I am at now.

Tonight I hope to finish the suit itself and see how far I can get with the various attachments and weapons.

Categories: 00 Raiser, Builds, MG

1. Zeta Newtype says:

Damnit, i’m going to have to get this now…. 😛

2. Gundam Gunso says:

the way you do this review makes me want to get my wallet out and head straight to the nearest hobby store to get this right now. XD

3. Evan says:

If you think those clear parts are massive get the PG. Looks like a nice kit, just seems simple after working with the big one!

4. rafren+ says:

This made me want to pick one up.

5. Tom says:

I thought this kit came with hands like those on the MG Wing Gundam.

• Yuri Barbosa Ordeste says:

Yeah, I thought that too, I was really worried it would be the pre-sets of hands like MG Wing, I think you have the choice to do so. Now I feel a lot better, haha

It does come with extra hands similar to the Wing Gundam, but, I have to admit, after the frustrations I had with the first set of hands, I didn’t even bother with the others.

6. fury-s12 says:

looks awesome to me except the hands obviously, has it swung you yet?

7. Priza says:

Looks great!this will definitely be my next target after I get the MG Epyon.Bandai is killing me by releasing many great kits this year,can’t decide which one to buy!
    By the way,in the picture where you light up the LEDs,is the neck really supposed to light up?

I took that picture from a bad angle. I should have taken it straight on or looking down on the face so that the neck didn’t ‘leak’ light.

8. Dennis says:

Paypal just cleared my E-check for this; I can’t wait to get this. Only thing is finding the extra LED’s. Probably going to have to contact G.G. for those…

9. Syberio says:

Samuel Decal has spare Green LEDs

i’m gonna order this one too, i hope bandai will release the other celestial beeing gundams somme day 🙂

• CKai Cydek says:

Unfortunately, those LEDs aren’t official Bandai ones, but (for lack of a better term) bootlegs. I bought a pair of them and tried them out. For the most part, they’re BRIGHT, and light up without a hitch as opposed to Bandai’s which tend to flicker. The downside? The entire LED housing looks like it’s about to fall apart at the seams when you try to screw in the cover with the batteries, and worse, since it’s made from a plastic recast like many bootleg kits, it DOES NOT FIT into the kits it’s designed for. I tried them on my MG Exia and they simply won’t go into the GN Drive all the way. They barely fit even after I filed the housings down to size, but even then, they’re still too thick for the GN Drive to close down all the way.

10. Z says:

Hey Syd, I’m looking at the head and noticed that there are no alignment indents (or marking on the part) on the side orb stickers… so does that mean you have to eyeball the angle at which to stick the foil sticker? Were you able to get the text on the sticker symmetrically tilted at the same angle on both side of the head?

11. Zeta Newtype says:

I’m fairly certain the black sticker has something to do with the LED in the eyes, it probably keeps the light from traveling somewhere it’s not supposed to. That’s a guess on my part.

Ya, that’s what I thought too when I inserted the LED unit and noticed how the light travels up that piece. i wonder if I painted it black if it would work better or not…

12. Zeta Newtype says:

Yeah I work with LEDs alot in my kits and I run into that problem alot, especially when lights are placed into white gundam heads, sticky tac actually solves it more than paint did. I just fill the helmets around the led source and direct it only to where it needs to be. I love that 00 Raiser comes with a sticker for the eyes that have holes for the lights because that’s an SOB to do with custom LEDs