By now everyone has probably noticed the poll that was added on the front page.  This was put up as a test to see how easily a poll could be added to the site and, luckily, it hasn’t been a problem at all. Thank to all who voted, btw.

I don’t plan on running polls often but they are a good way to know how readers of your site feel about certain subjects.  As Gunpla is quite the extensive hobby the different viewpoints and ideas are numerous.

So now it’s time for a poll here on Gaijin Gunpla.  I’m asking you, the readers, to help me decide, or pretty much decide for me, which Master Grade Gunpla kit will be built and shown on this site next.  I should mention that I won’t be starting on the reader-voted kit until the PG Strike Freedom is finished (and perhaps the RG Zaku as well).  In fact, I will leave the poll up until that (those?) project is complete to give everyone plenty of time to submit his or her vote.

Before just slapping your vote down on your preferred suit or kit, please take moment to read about what I plan on doing to these kits so you can make an informed choice.

Here are the details:

MG Force Impulse Gundam

I loved the Sword Impulse. So much so that I only intend to clean it up and put decals on it. But, you know, a custom color scheme would be cool. I plan on painting this kit, colors as yet undecided. If this wins the vote I will ask the readers of the site for their recommendations on color schemes and then probably run a second poll to finalize one. A great kit I don’t mind building again.

MG RX-178 Mk-II Barzam Conversion

As mentioned in the January edition of the  Work Table, I have the parts from Ako Hobby which will allow me to convert this into the Barzam!

I will paint this as close as I can to the colors in this image (because they rock). This would be my first time using conversion parts.  I’m excited, yet anxious.

MG V Dash Gundam Ver. Ka

The plan with this kit is to not deviate from the original color scheme too much but to put my own markings on it using a variety of after-market decals. Having already passed through decal hell and escaped intact I have no real desire to experience that again. At least not yet.  But I like this kit and look forward to another crack at it, especially the Core Booster.

MG MS-06K Zaku Cannon

The most ambitious project. I have been holding back on the Zaku Cannon because I want to try and make it look like Shimakou’s (It’s amazing!) and I never felt, and still don’t feel, like I have the skills to pull it off.  Fortunately for me, his blog is, or was before he switched his stuff to a real site, really informative and I think I can follow along with his WIP and, hopefully, produce a similar result.  This is the kit that will take the longest amount of time so if you vote for it don’t expect to see the finished product for a while.

So to summarize for you before you head to the polls:

Force Impulse – OOB build and reader chosen color scheme.

RX-178 Mk-II – Barzam conversion from Ako Hobby

V-Dash Ver. Ka – Paint and custom decal scheme.

Zaku Cannon – My attempt to copy Gunpla-meister Shimakou.

Now the rest is up to you. (Until the poll ends. Then it’s up to me.)

Categories: MG

1. ChroniK says:

You rely on us to make the decision, we rely on you to produce the results.

Force Impulse – I’m into it!

RX-178 Mk-II – Definitely a must see, but must wait!

V-Dash Ver. Ka – As much as I want to see it, I’ll put it aside for now.

Zaku Cannon – I’m not feeling it.

I’ll be voting for the Force Impulse. After that I want to see the Barzam, then V-Dash and lastly Zaku Cannon.

Hi Chronik,

You’re fast. I hadn’t even got the poll up and you were already giving your answers. Thanks for your input and I have the poll up now so head on over and vote.

2. Dennis says:

RX-178 MK II Barzan conversion… Go for it…. Then Zaku Cannon….

3. Colin says:

Yeah I agree with Dennis, the Barzam conversion would make for a interesting series of posts and the Zaku Cannon would be my second vote.

4. Priza says:

MG RX-178 Mk-II Barzam Conversion first,and then Zaku cannon second.Is there any special treatment for resin kit if you want to paint it?

• Dennis says:

In my experience it has to be cleaned thouroughly and a good resin primer over that. I’ve used soft scrub cleanser and an old tooth brush to get the mold release agent off. I found that out the hard way when all the paint came off my first resin kit. (Thank you Forgeworld for not explaining that). I’ve used automotive spray paint from my local auto parts store to prime resin, but I’ve also heard Mr. Hobby’s resin primer is a good one to use.

5. Zeta Newtype says:

Oh I definitely wanna see the Zaku Cannon especially seeing what you plan to do with it!

6. Asian1skill says:

i say zaku cannon since u said u were gonna do it soon and den go for mk2 conversion cuz its gonna be a must see den after u can decide impulse or v-dash since u kinda alrdy build dem once be4 so yea

7. TimberNewtype says:

Barzam gets my vote. Anything that results in more Zeta love is just A-OK with me. I’m also interested to see how you work on the conversion.

• Dennis says:

You hit the nail on the head. This suiit needs some Gundam love. I wish Bandai would make this kit. MG would be nice but even HG would be better then what’s out…. Nothing….

8. Tom says:

Got to go with the Barzam. Force Impulse is my second pick.

9. Zeon_Two_Six says:

go for the Barzam instead…

10. neosonic says:

zaku cannon is my vote 🙂
    2. force impulse … yup, I want to get an idea to repaint my impulse too 🙂
    3. barzam – well.. I’m not into uc gundam actually..
    4. v-dash – if I were you, I would build the core booster only. repack the v-gundam runner into the v-gundam box and give it to my friend. I don’t want to run into the same decal hell.

11. Butagami says:

You sure about what your getting yourself into? That Zaku’s a frikkin piece of art. It looks like it has actually seen war, and was badass in it. I wish you much luck, and if you succeed, I SALUTE YOU SIR!

12. wiley says:

the zaku pleae
    always loved the look of zaku’s
    and would love to follow its progress while working
    on zaku of my own

13. the13thprince says:

though I love the UC mechs big time, I am going with the Force Impulse on this one. Gundam Seed and Destiny really have great looking mobile suits and in my opinion is second only to the UC designs. A menacing black and red custom color should do the trick.

14. Edmond says:

Would looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove to see you do the Zaku. Don’t you think the Zaku is so much better looking than any Gundam?

15. Ryan says:

I’m really torn with this poll. I think that doing your first conversion kit like that would be fun. I will also admit that seeing you do a more realistic approach like the zaku would be amazing, I think it’s the best way to build a model. If I have to choose, I would say 1) Bazram and 2) Zaku. What I would really like to see though is you build the Bazram with the realistic scarring and fatigue like the Zaku…

16. Dee says:

Zaku all day, but if I had bits and bobs for a conversion and custom job then honestly I would be craving to use those