I wrote how I would comment on the stand that comes with this kit so here it is.

Included in the box with the Kara Hobby Kit is this fancy stand. The base is rather unique and at first I had no idea why it was made that way. Now I do and I will explain. But first, let’s look at the arm.

This is much like the normal Action Base from Bandai, although it lacks the extra support at the bottom. There’s a reason for that.

There is also a couple of pieces that can attach to the bottom to tilt the stand upwards.

Why do this? Well, it’s because this stand was designed so you could put a picture in the stand and have a Gundam posed above it.

The manual mentions postcards or pictures but it’s worth noting that a normal sized postcard wouldn’t fill the space. Bandai though to of this and included little plugs that you can put into the holes to hold the pic in place.

I was thinking of putting a pic of the 00 on the stand in the stand that holds the 00 to get some kind of trippy effect, similar to when you watch tv on the tv, but didn’t really have the time to print off photos. I am strapped for time these day.

I did manage to take some better shots of the kit, so check them out. If this stand intrigues you, well, you’re in luck because Bandai will be releasing it in March!

With that kit out of the way the focus is back on PGSF. Sweet.

1. Dennis says:

Well the shape has stability wriiten all over it. It should be more stable then the one Bandai has out now that’s designed for the HG and RG kits.

2. Busterbeam says:

nice! i think i’d like to have one of those stands. its a cool idea

3. ChroniK says:

Hah! not bad for an action base, but could use a photo though. Heres one if you need it :

btw did you topcoat? or is it just the lighting? anyways, the gallery looks great!

4. Kentaro says:

I heard that they are releasing that stand somewhere in march as the ‘action base 3’ anyone exited?

5. Tom says:

For some reason, I’m not a fan of how big the base is. The arms look pretty sturdy though.

6. Josh says:

At first I didn’t really care about the base… Then I realized you could fit multiple kits on there. Diorama, here I come.

7. mNel says:

Really? This thing is crazy amounts of ugly plastic. Looks like something a pre-school class would have in its tub full of little gidgets and doo-dads. It’s moddable for sure, but for someone who just wants to buy a base without any extra work… so ugly and cheap looking. Anyone agree?

8. Joe says:

I view this as a stand for the major collectors of limited items. Like if you go to see the 1/1 Gundam and pick up the 1/144 HG G-30th, the limited one being sold at the statue. A picture of the statue in the base and the model you bought there floating above it would be pretty cool. My fiance and I will each be building the MG Destiny EBM together. I’ll most likely take some picture for my Blog in the process and print a couple out so we can each have an Action Base 3 for that project. It’s a cool idea, but one for sentimental reasons, I think. Honestly, slapping a picture of outer space in the base would be okay, but I would prefer a mirror ;-).

9. Zeta Newtype says:

Not digging the red on the action base, but a simple paint job could fix that, so i’m going to get a few of these!

10. Butagami says:

This stand looks way more versatile than what is offered right now. The “superman”pose probably looks better on this base as well.

11. ClayCannonII says:

Were you able to make the sword on his left side (the one with LED port) stay in its hands. I can’t for the life of me. And it has no balance on its own

12. Tabris says:

I really want to spray paint my MG seven sword to an inspection. What type of red would you recommend to get a inspection look and also, what is a primer?
    Thank you.

Primer is something you can spray on before painting to make the paint stick better. G-Inspection red? That’s a good question. The normal Gundam Red is probably just a little bit off when it comes to tone. If you’re unable to mix paints to get the right color then you might not be able to match it perfectly. Luckily Tamiya and Mr. Hobby, for example, have a few reds to choose from so you may be able to get close. Look on Google images for Tamiya Spray Chart. That’s a good place to start.

• Tabris says:

That’s the problem my eyesight isn’t that good(even with glasses), so that is why I can’t tell the difference between colors. And is there a difference between Tamiya and Mr. Hobby spray paint?

• ClayCannonII says:

I know what you mean about the eyesight thing, what I do is take the color guide with me when I get my paints and if I’m having trouble with differentiating the color from the can I just ask someone to help. Fellow modelers are actually nice