The end of the year saw me with a week off and when I went back it was a thursday so I only had to work two days before having a three day weekend. That three day weekend I headed to Osaka to see ASM and Buster.  Upon my return to work for a full week I immediately set about preparing for the inventory which took place last friday.

No time for Gunpla TV, no time to build, virtually no time to post.

Now that I have done some work on the ReZEL I am ready to post an entry, however, my home computer is giving me problems so I cannot retrieve any images from the memory card.

I’m doing stuff, I just can’t prove it.  😉

The solution is to use my iphone and mail the pictures to myself.  As such, I’m not going to edit them at all.  I’ll just slap them in here.  So what have I got done so far?

All the red and gold parts are painted.  Panel-lining for the most part is finished, the frame is painted except for the thrusters as I haven’t yet decided what color they will be.  The usual silver or the same color as the frame?  Hmm.

And I lost a piece!  The last part that goes on the head.  I painted it and promptly misplaced it.  Or it may have fallen somewhere in the work room.  I don’t really feel like going through that ‘disaster area’, as it has been called, so I will be sending away for a replacement part next week.  Luckily I have a little of the expensive gold paint left with which to paint it once it arrives.

Anyways, onto the bad quality, iphone-taken, non-edited pics!

Categories: Builds, MG, ReZEL

1. Static says:

So… freaking… AWESOME. And it’s not even finished too!

2. Busterbeam says:

i like that colour scheme a lot! looking good!

3. Tom says:

Whoa, it looks like you sprayed clear red over the gold pieces. Looks very nice!

4. Anton says:

Woah those are some nice IRONMAN colors!!! My bro ordered a ReZel, should be coming soon…. I’ll check out the build but from what I’m seeing it looks pretty solid!

5. Colin says:

Well that does it, between these photos and the thread over at GAF, I’m getting a ReZEL for my first MG.

Your first MG? Well, the ReZEL is quite the start. Be sure to take your time and follow the instructions thoroughly. Transforming kits can be a handful.

6. Yuri Barbosa Ordeste says:

Oh my oh my, this kit is totally going to be a beautyful sight to be seen. The only shame is that this isn’t the commander type, if so you could make him a proton beam cannon as in Marvel Vs Capcom series xD.

7. Priza says:

Nice….this kit is going to be awesome when its finished.It looks sleek in metallic red and gold for the armor,while the frame is shiny.did you use the same colors you used in the HGUC Sinanju in this kit?

8. Dennis says:

Oh I can’t wait to see it finished. I’m so glad I preordered the ReZe,l commander. How long is the group build going on for? I may want to send pictures of it when I finish it.

9. sonar says:

Man I’m pumped for this. The red and the gold just POP! Hope you can get your PC issues sorted out and hit us with some quality pics 😉

10. ZETA NEWTYPE says:

I love the Iron Man look, and i’m impressed how you made the ReZEL head unit even appear like Iron Man!

11. CMO says:

Syd, this kis is looking awesome! What a great beginning.
    I recently got into gunpla building, about 6 months ago. I built about half a dozen HG kits and am thinking of making the move to a MG kit. I was looking for suggestions on my very first MG kit. I really want to build the HG of the astray red frame, but was thinking of just upgrading to the MG kit. That or the Shin Musha.
    If you and any other gunpla builders here have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.
    Arigatou Gozaimashita!

If you’re thinking of doing an MG the Astray is a nice one to start with. Why build the same suit twice? (though we all do it.) It is a fun build and that huge backpack/weapon. Any 2.0 kit will give you lots of satisfaction. What does everyone else think? Let us know what you get!

• CMO says:

Syd- Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. There are just so many MG kits to chose from. I was also considering the Sword Impulse, MG kit. Your review and gallery of pictures, is just awesome. I recently picked up a few HG kits and after I complete those, I think it will be time to move on to my very first MG kit. So, within the next few weeks, I will be letting you and the other gunpla builders know what my first MG kit will be. Another question for you as well. Would you recommend the Tamiya basic tool kit for building gunpla? I only have a plastic side cutter and use a nail filer for sanding down the pieces that aren’t smooth.

12. Anton says:

I started gunpla like a month ago and went directly to MG with the Zaku II 2.0. It’s a pretty straight forward build but I have to admit that I was intimidated by the number of runners… Maybe this wont amount to anything since it’s the only MG i’ve built for the moment ( My Gouf 2.0 is prepped to be built after exams… 🙂 ), but for a newcomer like me to be able to build the Zaku was really satisfying… Here’s what I’ve done with my very first MG kit!!! Syd was kind enough to let me use gaijin-gunpla to post my pics and share to the gunpla community… you can consider posting your work on your first MG too! :p

• CMO says:

Anton, you started building gunpla about a month ago and went straight to an MG kit? Wow! You are much braver than I. I actually built two action kits (I was brand new to Gunpla), then two first grade kits and just recently built a few HG kits (which from my very first action kit, took me hours to complete and was amazed by the amount of fun I had building it and the great detail and articulation in a 1/144 HG kit, so naturally I can only imagine the amount of fun and excitement I have for picking out and eventually building my first MG kit. I took a look at your Zaku II MG build and it looks AWESOME!! I can’t believe that’s your first build and it turned out great. The weathering looks so real. Like Syd said in his comments on the page, it really looks like a machine just ready for war. When are you going to build your next MG? I’m looking forward to seeing it!

• Dennis says:

Some MG kits aren’t as bad as people think. My first MG was the extra finish Strike Freedom. Yeah, lots of parts but I had it together in three days time without painting it. I’m working now on the Ver. Ka. RX-78-2, painted and decaled; that’s a relatively easy kit. Also, Zakus are a good start.

13. syd says:

Hi CMO,

I don’t think the basic tool set is really necessary. All you really need is a set of side-cutters, a hobby knife which you can change blades on, and sandpaper. That is enough to start you off. If you get into the hobby more seriously, you can pick up more supplies as you go. Don’t go buying a bunch of stuff you might not need, that’s my advice to anyone starting a new hobby, be it gunpla, music, martial arts, etc.

14. Anton says:

I agree with Syd. I actually got a Tamixa basic tool set but all i really used from the set was the side-cutters. I used the file and the cutter a bit but you can probably do without them. I actually have built maybe 2 HG kits waaaaay back, but it wasn’t the same experience since I was probably too young at the time to build kits. I’m gonna work on my MG Gouf 2.0 in a couple of days and I’m also making some mods on my zaku 2.0.

Syd: My little bro has an unbuilt MG Rezel waiting for ‘im… Any advice for him?

My advice on the ReZEL would be to take it slow. This is a transforming kit so all the pieces will need to be trimmed of gate-marks and assembled properly. If you make a mistake it’s difficult to take it apart and fix it.