It’s gotten cold as of late and a typhoon was supposed to reach here but swerved eastward and spared us. How disappointing. And now it’s time for the November 2010 edition of The Work Table.

To start, let’s look at what is no longer on my work table.

1/144 RG RX-78-2 Gundam x 1

The kit I was making for a series of posts on Hobbylink.tv has been completed and is now standing Shizuoka style on my desk.  You can see more pics here.

1/100 MG Full Armor Gundam

Finished this guy up at the beginning of October.  I tried out the digital masking camo tape that I picked up previously with satisfactory results.  View the gallery here.

That’s it?  Only two this month?  Well, I was on vacation for a week so I will have to take that into consideration. I did build the ANA 00 Raiser, though!

On the Work Table – Projects Underway

1/144 HGUC Delta Plus

This guy has been prepped for painting and is waiting his turn.  I will be adding aftermarket parts to the frame and haven’t decided on decals yet.  Do I create my own or get some from Samuel Decal?   Follow the WIP here.

1/100 MG Sword Impulse

I still need to assemble the skirt and backpack on this guy. For a kit I like so much I am taking my time with this one. There’s no need for me to build it quickly. I have a colour scheme in mind but don’t know if I can make it work.  Must do some tests.  Follow the WIP here.

1/144 RG RX-78-2 Gundam x 1

The Real Type Armor Color version of the RG has been painted and now sits in pieces in its box.  I am working with the B-Club 1/144 SEED hands to get them to fit the RG hand armour piece, then I will paint them as well. For decals, Samuel at samueldecal.com said he could probably reproduce his 1/100 scale decals into 1/144 scale size for me, however he’s a busy guy and recently had a new addition to his family, so congratulations to him are in order, but I might not be able to wait much longer. I know I could probably create the decals from various sets myself, but was hoping for a quicker solution going with his.

1/100 Gundam Deathscythe EW Version

This guy is half painted. I am having problems trying to get the orange the tone I want it.  Other than that, I only have to paint some of the frame and apply the MG Wing decals I picked up for this purpose.  This will probably be completed soon. Unless I go crazy trying to stick the MG Wing wings onto it. No, I would never do something like that…

1/144 HG GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam

This awesome HG has been painted and I am just working on the mods. Won’t be long now.

1/144 HGUC Sinanju

Another awesome HG.  I built this for its own Gunpla TV episode and now I get to have fun with it.   Paint and decals, but do I do something about the gold foils?

1/100 MG ReZEL

I am building this as part of the Gundam Australia Forum’s Group Build (which I actually initiated).  We have 13 people so far! Who else wants in?  I spent time with this the last couple of night and it’s awesome so far!

Under the Work Table – Got it! Haven’t started.

1/100 MG MS-06K Zaku Cannon

I will build this kit.

1/144 HGUC Hazel Custom

I will build this kit, too.

1/72 VF-25F Tornado Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom

After following Busterbeam’s WIP on the Macross kit he was building and seeing the final result I really wanted to try my hand at building one.  The Alto Custom which just released caught my attention so it’s now part of my backlog. 一寸緊張しています。

Coming to the Work Table – I want it!

1/60 Perfect Grade Strike Freedom Gundam

After attending the All-Japan Hobby Show and seeing the Strike Freedom in person I am salivating at the thought of building it.  An image of the PG Strike Freedom is Pavlov’s bell and I am the dog.  December!

1/144 RG MS-06S Char’s Zaku II

Due out this month, here’s another I saw at the show and am eagerly awaiting release day. RG is the new black.

There are other kits on the way such as the 1/144 HGUC MS-07B3 Gouf Custom that I have interest in but haven’t decided yet if it will be added to the pile.  High Grade kits are appealing to me more and more these days.

Tune in December 1 to see how much progress I have made. Or not made, as the case may be.

1. Yuri Barbosa Ordeste says:

I really want to see you do Gouf Custom custom if I can say this, I really love the design, and after watching the 08th MS team I want it even more. Have you ever tried a militairy camo, like tanks on a kit Syd? I think would be great in Zaku types.

2. sonar says:

Damn man that’s a big workload! 7 kits on the go at once! I admire your dedication.

3. Evan August says:

Come on Syd, let’s see that PG Strike Freedom come to Gunpla TV. You know you want to do it. I’m working on my first PG right now, it’s fun.

4. Busterbeam says:

LOL! you got the tornado messiah! oh boy i cant wait to see your wip on that. you’re going into another zone with that kit!

I must admit to being a little apprehensive about this kit, but thanks to your WIP I at least have an idea what I am getting myself into.

5. Evan August says:

Hey Syd,
    something I’d like to throw out here, even though its not really related to the post. Ever think of adding some kind of forum or board where visitors could share their work?

6. syd says:

Hi Evan,

I have thought about it quite seriously however there are already some good forums where people can go to, like the Gundam Australia Board I link to sometimes and I think I would be stepping on toes if I were to go that route. I’m open to anything, though. I’ve also discussed with the master of my domain about visitor’s sharing their work but need to think it through thoroughly before implementing anything.

7. Evan August says:

cool syd. I’ve been thinking of submitting something to hobbylinktv on my MG Exia build, along with my PG 00. I also frequent Ficthenfoo a bit. Was kind of toying with the idea of doing my own blog, but idk…

8. syd says:

Hi Evan,

You frequent the Fichtenfoo Forums too? There’s lots of stellar, high quality stuff there. I aspire to reach that level someday. Hobbylink.tv is always looking for user submitted content. Having your own blog or site definitely involves some effort. Sometimes I feel I spend more time working on my site than working on Gunpla. Perhaps a section of my site could be for those who want to show their work but don’t have blogs or sites of their own. I’m going to have to think on this…

9. sonar says:

I can’t speak on anyone else, but you wouldn’t be stepping on my toes Syd. The more the merrier. Just be prepared to work, because running a forum is a lot more work than people might think! I probably devote at least 20 hours a week to it if not more, and there’s always more to be done. Evan if you’re after somewhere to share your work, there’s at least a dozen forums I can think of off the top of my head: MAC forums which is really great, Hobby Fanatics, Fichten Foo, Gamera, Zero G, The Bakuc Forum, Mecha Talk, Plamooutthere, Mechapinoy, lowyat, and of course my meager forum over at Gundam Australia. Probably many more as well.

10. Samshio says:

Yeah, it is true though when you make a blog. I have two one involving my life ad everything else and the other is my hobby one where it is mostly about Gundam, figures and Zoids and such. It does eat some time ad when you want to take photos and make a post for them it takes all the time to do it. I do sometimes have to decide to either model or post about the model lol. Hobby Fanatics has some nice people over there, I think that is where I started to get ideas on how to model. I found Gundam Australia about a month ago 😛

11. Dennis says:

I’d love to see you tackle that PG Strike Freedom. Can’t wait to see that beauty being built. I love my Master Grade and want one in Perfect Grade too. Someday…. It looks so cool especially all those gimmicks, the abundance of gold and the and the oh those beautiful super dragoons. This has to be the most spectacular Gundam kit I’ve ever seen. Good luck….

PG Strike Freedom is definitely in my sites. December can’t come fast enough. The RG Zaku II which should arrive next week should keep me occupied enough until then.