Yay, another RG!  I got to play a little with the 1/144 RG MS-06S Char’s Zaku II at the Model Show a couple of months back and had a lot of fun so I have been eagerly awaiting this day.

Here are the box contents.

And just like the RG RX-78-2 you have markings aplenty!

The flexible frame is nearly identical to the RX-78-2’s.

And some tubing. We all know what this is for.

Manual is just as nice as the previous RG. (please, no one ask me to translate what they see…)

And the marking guide! I am both excited and apprehensive.

This guy will have to wait though. I got some other things I need to take care of first.

Categories: Builds, Char's Zaku II, RG

1. Sunny says:

yes it’s out, got to get this kit. I just love the detail’s about this RG-Line

2. Jesta says:

Aah, if only I wasn’t broke…
    At least I’ll have the RG Gundam by Christmas, I’ll be buying this as soon as I can afford it. Can’t wait to see more about it.

3. Gamedingo says:

I don’t think I’ll apply all the seals when I get this, had all of them on my RX-78 and they are starting to peal and look ugly…

4. Dill-n says:

Wow! Even the manual looks cool.

5. Sunny says:

@Gamedingo, hmm I dont have that problem on mine but then again i did aply a coat of clear over the model after decals.

6. CKai Cydek says:

Still waiting for my order of this guy. From what I’ve seen of the previews, its’ gonna be finicky to snap off all those pipe segments, and God knows how the heck I’m gonna file the nubs off each and every one of them!

I really like the separating armor segments when you bend the legs. It looks cool on Gundams, and it’s great to see it on a Zaku. So what’s next for Bandai’s Real Grade? More One-Year War goodness or other series mechs?

The true test for the RG line oughta be the Zeta. If they can pull off a kit of a solid, transforming 1/144 Zeta Gundam with an MG-level inner frame, they are officially engineering gods.

• Nyanerius/Shaomu says:

A RG Zeta Gundam would definately be a godlike success if they pull it off properly, but what with Zeta not being the new thing, I have a feeling the next RG will either be the RX-0, a Gouf or Gouf Custom, a Dom or Rick-Dom, or one of the other Project V Gun-bots, most likely the Guncannon due to it’s humanoid-ness (but an RG Guncannon would be squee-worthy).
      But first, Redshirts! Bandai’s marketing genius will totally lead to RG green Zakus and RG GMs.

7. Sunny says:

My guess is that the next RG would be a gelgoog or maybe even a guncannon

8. sonar says:

ReZEL.. ReZEL.. ReZEL…. xD

I know. I know. I even have a draft of a post all ready to go. But I don’t want to put something up until I am ready to invest most of my time in the project. Seeing the GAF thread has me fired up for sure!

9. Red Comet says:

I hope this kit will be the BEST kit ever!! Definitely will buy this one,

10. Priza says:

Can’t wait till I get my hands on this kit.Hope the articulation is awesome for this kit.If Bandai can make a RG Zeta Gundam that can transform perfectly,it’s definitely on the “must buy” list.

11. Samshio says:

I have yet gotten a Real Grade model but they sure look like that have a ton of detail and can have tons of fun with. The manual even looks like it has tons of information in it..can’t read Japanese though..

12. Dennis says:

Oh I want this guy… Since I built my MG Zaku II they have been my favorite. Only thing I’m worried about is doing the armor collars in this scale as they’re hard enough to do in an MG kit. I asked for this guy and the real grade RX-78-2 for Christmas. I hope they do an “O” , Wing Gundam, Rezel, Shinanju or Strike Freedom in RG. They would be awesome done to RG standards. I love the look of the frames. Can’t wait to get one and build it up.

• Dennis says:

Christmas came a day early for me today 🙂 My aunt ordered it and had it sent directly to me. It arrived this afternoon. I just opened it and WOW….. Mini MG kit; very nice….Not going to get any sleep tonight!!! Can’t believe the detail on this thing….

13. Luqman says:

The RG Had just come out yesterday,Dang I really want it

14. Asian1skill says:

hey just wondering doees anyone know if the markings are stickers or decals?

They are just like those included with the Real Grade RX78-2. Really well done stickers. I am sure bandai is releasing water-slides soon

15. CKai Cydek says:

Waterslides for the RG Zaku II are supposed to come out sometime in December. I already pre-ordered mine along with the other decals, like the MG 00 Quan[T] ^_^

16. CMO says:

SYD- I know we spoke about me moving up from the HG kits to an MG kit. I wanted to ask you, would assembling a RG 1/144 kit be a better move first, before upgrading to a 1/100 MG kit? Any other gunpla builders out there have any suggestions/feedback? There’s a local store that I could pick up the RG 1/144 kit of the RX-78-2 and am debating to pick it up, or try an MG kit first.

• Dennis says:

I agree with Syd, the RG’s have alot of very small parts. I’ve had issues with my RX-78-2 and Zaku II with parts popping off. In this scale they’re so small that you can lose them real easy. RG is in no way something I’d recommend that someone not familiar with Gunpla start on. If you want good detail and a decent size MG definately. If you like the 1/144 scale then go with HG, same size, less parts.

17. syd says:

I would do the opposite. Start with an MG so you have some experience building something with many parts before trying an RG. The RG parts are very small and ut may be a good idea to have some practice on the bigger MG parts first. But in the end it’s up to you.

18. CMO says:

Dennis – I do enjoy building 1/144 HG kits. Was looking for some feedback on the RG kit, because even though it’s still the 1/144 size, it certainly has alot more parts than a HG 1/144 kit.

Syd- You make a great point. An MG would introduce me to a much more complex kit, with many more parts and more detailing. I just picked up a good side cutter and hobby knife, so I think it’s time to finally move up to an MG kit. I’ll keep you and the GG readers posted on which kit I decide on. I’ll also get back to you on providing you with pictures, captions and a walkthrough of the build, so I can share with everyone as well.