Everyone loves Gunpla.

I kind of knew that already but it really was brought home when I started this site and received emails and comments from various people talking about this site and Gunpla in general. Through this site and hobby I have been fortunate to meet many great people and have dialogues with many more. One thing that was mentioned a few times was the possibility of a section where visitors to this site could show off their own kits. At first I must admit I was a little hesitant. Gunpla is an increasingly popular hobby around the globe and there are numerous blogs and sites throughout the internet devoted to it. However, there are also people involved in this hobby who don’t have an internet presence and who want to share their work. Thus, this section of Gaijin Gunpla has come to fruition. If you’ve got a Gunpla kit you’re proud of and want others to see it mail me at [email protected] and I’ll get back to you about it. Any reader submitted Gunpla will be given the distinction ‘RS’ in the post title.

I do have some guidelines, however. If you have your own blog or site where you can show your work then you obviously don’t need me (that’s what the links under Gunplars on the right sidebar is for. 😉 ) so I won’t consider putting it here. I will still post pictures and links to some Great Gunpla I come across during my travels, internet or otherwise.

In related news, there may be a bit of a drop-off when it comes to regular posting on this site. Someone gave me this.

That just happened.

1. Asian1skill says:

wait u just got a ps3 slim for free?

2. Traviss says:

Not for free, I am leaving town for the birth of my son and need someone to take care of my cats. Plus S-bone was generous enough to donate some of his baby goods (baby bed, stroller, etc…) so it was the least I could do. When all is said and done I will be coming out ahead monetarily.

Here is the secret that will shock the Gunpla world. He had a choice, I would buy him a PS3 or a Perfect Grade. Gunpla betrayed!

3. syd says:

But the PG Strike Freedom comes out soon. Even I couldn’t do two PGs in a month. ..or could I? Now with the PS3 here I might not even be able to do one. This is where Reader Submission material gains importance.

4. Evan August says:

Hey Syd, good to hear. Are work in progress type posts cool or do you want finished pieces?

Hi Evan,

WIPs are good too. I think we all have good stuff to share. I just ask thatyou include somepics and text that explains what we are seeing.

5. madmoz says:

lol… let you guys in on a secret …2/3s of the time when there are no updates on my blog, it isn’t because I’m waaay to busy at work… it is because I’ve spent all my spare time videogaming! 600 odd hours clocked in on MH Tri to date… I need rehab.

6. lupes says:

0081 Senki with you, ASM, Gundam Guy and myself NEEDS to happen now, I don’t care if I have to stay up ridiculously late to get it done.

7. Sunny says:

hmm 600 hours even i didnt manage to get that much, but then again dead rising 2 =150 hours and counting. Something about bashing zombies with giant rubber hands make me giggle.
    Anyway good luck on managing your time Syd. But with no monster hunter on the PS3 your save from that at least. 🙂

8. sonar says:

GaiGun goes interactive! Good stuff mate. This will be great for the readers.

Lupes, I’m up for some Senki. Post a topic here: http://gundamaustralia.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

9. Jesta says:

Oh Lordy, this is why I don’t own a console. Well, it’s mostly because I’m cheap.
    I’m definitely looking forward to what everyone else is building! Makes me really want to build again.

10. Asian1skill says:

OH LOL!!!! dats why. and hey gaigun not cool pg strike freedom ftw man must get lol

11. Samshio says:

I recently got a game for my Wii and that has consumed time from my home work and modeling but I recently finished it a few days ago so I think I can get back on track with my Vayeate 🙂

While I have been working on my models the last couple of nights I have been glancing yearningly at the PS3. Life is all about finding balance.

12. CMO says:

I recently picked up three HG kits and would be happy to post my builds from beginning to end. Since I am a newbie to Gunpla, started about 5-6 months ago, it would also be great to hear everyone’s feedback/suggestions/criticism, etec. I would really appreciate the guidance on painting, “weathering”, detailing (I’ve only done panel lines and minor adjustments) to my kits now and future builds. Syd-if there’s anything I need to do for approval of submission, just let me know and I would be happy to contribute to the Gaijin-Gunpla community.

13. Tony says:

Are you still accepting submissions, and is it ok if we aren’t quite experts and our kits may not be perfect? Working on D-Hell Custom, and trying out some new techniques for the first time – putty, hand painting everything (just with paint markers, nothing Sistine Chapel-y), some new variations of old tools (a couple different sanding tools, some brushes), and in general just trying to get some experience with what you could call higher level building techniques (and finishing a kit I forgot I brought back from Japan 5 years ago haha). I’m down to just an arm, the head and wings left to build, and had hoped to make some decent progress this weekend, but work got in the way and my final semester at college is now eating away at my life.

14. Kikomachi_02 says:

I don’t have my own blog nor a site though I have a flickr account which I uploads all my gunpla pictures. Does that considered as my own site? ‘Coz I would really like to share my gunplas here. 🙂

15. Ian says:

Wow, I would realy like to share my gunplas here in your site. Can you help me spread the “Grunt Suits are not expendables” mindset? I’ve mostly got Zeon kits but only one Gundam though (well, it was still used by Zeon). Heheheh

16. Anthony says:

Hey, Syd

If you’re still taking submissions, are we limited to only one kit per submission? Because I’d love to submit my custom painted MG EW, but I would much prefer to have all five of the Gundam Wing boys together rather than have to pick just one.

17. AscendantEvincar says:

Hi Syd,

Are straight builds fair game for this? Haven’t dipped into customization yet — only built a few kits and would want to get more experience before going into custom builds. So, all I got are straight builds but I’m interested in submitting. 🙂