I haven’t decided yet whether I will do a post on the basic build of the ReZEL but I can do a (hopefully somewhat amusing) post on the transformation of said kit. I’ll include as many pictures as I was able to take so you have an easy-to-follow guide to the not-so-easy-to-follow transformation. Hopefully, you get a sense of how I felt when transforming this impressively engineered Master Grade.

Here we go!

Step 1: Pull the arms out so the shoulder joints expand.

Step 2: Tilt up the chest moving the head downwards.

You also move the backpack upwards but I forgot to take that picture.

Step 3: Close the lower torso pieces (the lighter coloured pieces).

Step 4: Expand the hip joint sections.

This part was actually pretty cool.

Step 5: Tilt the rear skirt piece up so it locks in place (I think).

At this stage you should have something that looks like this.

Step 6: Rotate the shoulders/arms inwards.

Step 7: Bend your ReZEL in a really awkward position that it cannot maintain unless you hold it carefully with one hand which makes the next part really difficult because you kind of need two hands.

Step 8: Look at the manual.

Step 9: Look at the manual again.

Step 10: Pull the hips away from the skirt frame being careful not to lose pieces as it goes flying off because you didn’t realize this thing would just come off so easily. (sorry, no pics when in panic mode).

Step 11: Put the leg that went flying off back on.

Step 12: Look at the manual (sideways, in case that makes some kind of difference).

Step 13: Swing the legs 180 degrees upwards and watch as the side skirt armour flies off.

Step 14: Reattach side skirt armour.

Step 15: Unattach side skirt armour as it’s just a nuisance right now.

Step 16: Pull the packback outwards so it expands and then push each side forwards til it cannot continue to move forward because something is not lined up properly. (sorry, no pics when in frustration mode.)

Step 17: Look at the manual, then to your ReZEL, then back to the manual.

Step 18: Throw the manual away in disgust.

Step 19: Decide your just gonna wing it and see what happens.

Step 20: …

Step 21: Retrieve the manual.

Step 22: Just do it.

Step 23: Success!

Sure there are plenty of steps involved and at times the manual can be difficult to follow, but the transformed ReZEL is worth the effort (maybe only once though).

Now to take it all apart and start the process of adapting it to my theme for the GAF ReZEL Group Build! (after finishing a couple other projects first, of course.)

Categories: MG, ReZEL

1. Yuri Barbosa Ordeste says:

I really laughed here, really liked the post ^^.

Umm…, i think since you post your posts in the morning, and here this is the time I enter the pc the most I am always one of the firsts to comment…, don’t worry Syd, I ain’t a stalker, this crazy GMT thing just make me be one of the firsts to see this xD.

2. Yuri Barbosa Ordeste says:

Seeing this I wonder if a future MG Delta Plus transformation would be, my HG it’s nice and solid flying out in angle in it’s base being a parts former, but I wonder if a fully transformable Delta Plus would be tight and solid.

If Bandai engineers the Delta Plus like they did the ReZEL then it will be solid. The ReZEL transformation is quite complex but it holds together very well once done.

3. Dill-n says:

I assume actual change time may vary 🙂 Nice post.

4. Nyanerius/Shaomu says:

Is the ReZEL’s transformation really that bad? I can transform it in a little over three minutes, if that’s anything to brag about, and sure, it’s complicated, but I don’t remember it being that hard. Easier than the 2009 ROTF Leader-class Optimus Prime, I can tell you that.

It’s not as bad as I made it sound. I should have mentioned that I attempted this at about 12:30 AM just after I had finished assembling it. While it was frustrating at times, it is still very impressive how everything works together enabling it to transform from its robot mode to its wave rider mode.

5. Asakura says:

i liked this post, first was nice very explicative, at the middle was more like “.. .. reading the manual” …. then at the end… was more like “fk it i iwll do it in my way”

6. Sunny says:

hmm, judging by the pics it has a similar transformation process as the Zeta plus A1. But that can be my mistake.
    I do like it tough 🙂 Btw. anyone have a suggestion for a recolor of that Zeta plus A1 ? I’m not to fond of the orange and off white color scheme.

I have a Zeta Plus A1 and it’s been so long since I tried transforming it that I forgot how it goes. I am going to be painting my A1 sometime in the future as well so I’ll be keen to hear what people suggest for colour schemes.

• Tom says:

I wanted to paint my Zeta A1 in a blue color scheme, but I don’t have any paints ^^;
        Indeed, the transformation is very similar to the Zeta family.