The latest MG comes out today, so let’s have a look. For those 00 fans the 1/100 MG 00 QAN[T] looks like an Exia on a steady diet of muscle building diet shakes.

Box art: I really like this one for reasons I can’t put my finger on.

Box Contents: Quite a lot of stuff jammed in there, including a stand

Manual: “FIGHT’S ON”

And the green effect parts are plentiful and nice to look at.

edit: And it includes an order form for the LED GN Drive just like the one which came with the GN-X.

Categories: MG, Qan[T]

1. Samshio says:

So can’t wait till I get this. I got my work cut out for me

2. Z says:

I like how dark green the clear green parts are… saves me the trouble of having to paint it with clear green myself ^^;. I’m guessing the box is the same size as the regular MG Exia’s?

3. John says:

Hi Syd, I just wanted to ask you if the box size of qan-t is the same as that of the mg seed destiny line cos i’m not sure how big exia’s box is either. Thanks 😛

4. Gamedingo says:

Hey Syd, is there an order form with the MG for the optional LED unit? I saw a picture on another blog showing Quanta’s contents and it looked like it had some sort of order form with it, like the one used to order spare parts…

5. ChroniK says:

Are you willing to translate the manual part “Fights On” and “Mechanism and Weapons Guide”? =D!

• madmoz says:

Bwahahah, a seperate ‘translated’ section in the works mayhaps? A lot of non-japanese reading peeps, and no english manuals in sight!

Japanese lessons are kinda common where I am at, and with Kinokuniya bringing in a steady flow of Japanese plamo books etc, am wondering if i should sign up? Is Japanese hard to pick up?

If you’re interested in the culture then the language will only enhance your enjoyment of it. The basic structure isn’t too difficult, in my opinion, it’s when you start getting into the more advanced grammar that it becomes difficult. For me, at least.

Hi Chronik,

It’s not that I am unwilling to do such a thing, but it seems I have less and less time to be able to do these kinds of things. Never say never, though.

6. Samshio says:

My college doesn’t even offer Japanese as a class but you can take Zulu and Arabic. So I have to teach myself the language if I actually put time to the side so I can use it when I go to Japan next year.

7. Dennis says:

Awesome, can’t wait to see this built….. Want one BAD….

8. Detrick says:

How can I get the LED GN Drive? I really want one for my GNX-603T.

Hi Detrick,

I think HobbyLink Japan can order them from Bandai just like they order regular parts. I don’t know where you are located but there are some online shops that are able to get parts as well. Good luck.

9. CKai Cydek says:

Just got my Quan[T] via my local hobby store’s pre-order! I’m getting the LEDs and decals separately, but according to the place I ordered from, they likely won’t be available till December.

The “GN Frame” parts are very encouraging! That means more 00 Gundam-type kits in the future! The 00 Raiser is a given, but wouldn’t a Master Grade Seven Sword/G be awesome?

I just started on the QAN[T] this evening and so far so good. Lots of stickers used in the first parts of the build. The frame is similar to the GN-X so it doesn’t jump out at me, although the design of the shoulder joints were interesting. Looking forward to working on it more tomorrow.

10. CKai Cydek says:

Syd! Just a word of warning: the GN Sword Bit Cs connect to the GN Shield via c-clamp connectors – the type normally used with parts that snap in and swivel, but are really hard to remove without breaking the joint. I realize this was intended to allow the bits to swivel out while connected to the shield, but it’s a bit risky to connect and disconnect the bits in this manner.

Other than that, I love this kit – it has a LOT of improvements over the MG Exia in terms of articulation and stability. Especially the key joints:

The neck has TWO points of articulation instead of the MG Exia’s one, via a simple clamp joint on the base of the neck to the top of the torso. Now even with a hollow torso, Quan[T] can bend his neck as far as a normal 2.0 kit.

The wrists have secure pegs sealed inside the hands instead of the c-clamps on the Exia, and they peg into the arm instead of using a ball joint, so even if you swivel them back and forth, they won’t dislodge!

And best of all, the ankles swing to the sides as far as the HG does, and swing forwards and back even more via a set of swivel joints securely pegged into the feet, instead of the double ball-joints on the Exia, so they won’t pop off when you splay the legs for wide stances!

I wish I could finish this kit…but I’m still waiting for the decals ;_;

11. sonar says:

Awesome review Ckai. It seems Bandai continue to make advancements in their technology in line with the mods that modelers make to improve articulation. This is a dance that fascinates me. Syd I love the box art too. Its the font that I like in particular, and its on the opposite side to usual as well.

12. ZakoZako says:

Do you think LEDs from other 1/100s can work, like, say, 00 Raiser Designer Colour (the one with 3 LEDs)?

Whoa. that’s a good question. I’m not sure. I think the one from the GN-X and the Exia are the same and will work but I don’t know about the Designer Colour 00 Raiser. Anyone else know?

13. Srihari Tc says:

rrobbert184 on youtube explained that pretty well on his review of the oo qan(t)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghW8eZfYvuo&feature=channel

14. steve says:

I just got 2 set for my MG 00 QAN[T] and MG Gundam Exia GN Drive Unit it seem ok although it is from third party. for those who are interested may check the link below……