Okay, so the title may be a little misleading. Yes, it is a long weekend here in Japan and yes I did pick up some supplies however I won’t be using those supplies for some time. Possibly on the next long weekend?

Let’s see what came home with me recently.

B-Club Manipulators

No, I’m not building the Abyss Gundam. I am building the 1/144 Real Grade Gundam and I want to use some B-club hands with this build to add that extra little bit of detail and give me some more options when it comes to posing.

MG Sword Impulse Gundam Decals

The Sword Impulse is a ways away from being complete. In fact, I haven’t decided on a definite color scheme for it, but I did pick up the decals so I would have them when I needed them.

MG Full Armor Gundam Decals

The first round of painting has been completed on the Full Armor and soon I will using some of these decals. However, because I am giving the Full Armor some wear and tear I may also use the dry transfers. I will figure it out as I go. Flying by the seat of my pants, that’s me.

Speaking of the Full Armor, this build is the perfect opportunity to try this out:
HiQ Dot Matrix Camouflage Masking Tape

I’ve had this for some time but was waiting for a project where its use would be appropriate. My friend, your time has come! Soon. If I get the other stuff out of the way first…

There’s even a little comic strip explaining how to use them. How Japanese!

Categories: Tools & Supplies

1. Tember says:

Dude, where did you get that camo tape. That would save me a life time!!!! Digital pattern was a thought on one of mine, but the amount of time that it would take is just over whelming! I love the Idea on the FA though. I am excited to see it!

2. syd says:

Just click the hyperlink, Tember.

3. Busterbeam says:

nice. i’m going to try doing digital cam the old fashioned way first before i try those. bclub hands arent cheap! cost as much as whole hg kits. getting more serious as time goes on eh. sure look good though.

4. Dan says:

Hi there, I’m planning on painting my Real Grade in the original color scheme but I’m not too sure what color sprays most closely represent the original colors, especially for the different shades of white and grey. I’d appreciate it if you could shoot me an email with your suggestions.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the message. I am pondering the same question you are. Let me look around and when I see something that looks right I will let you know. I think the normal Gundam Color blue and red sprays are too light for this build. The colors don’t seem to match up.

5. Jonathan says:

Holy crap! Dude! That digital camouflage masking set looks SO much better than what I did on the 1/100 Cheridum. Super jealous!

6. syd says:

Hi Jonathan,

Ya, I wanted to try the digital camo but maybe was too lazy to undertake it. When I saw this I jumped on it. It should make short work of it, that’s for sure.

7. saotome says:

i was wondering syd, what does primer do? and do all mr. colour lacquer based paints require thinner before use? 😀 thanks 😀

Primer gives the paint something to stick to as often paint will have problems adhering to a smooth plastic surface. Almost all paints will need to be thinned before being used. There are some companies who make a ready-to-go pre-thinned paint, but those aren’t lacquer.