Yesterday was the big day for the long-awaited Gunplar get together with fellow bloggers American Salaryman, Buster from Plamo Addiction, Gundam Guy and myself at the 1/1 Gundam in Shizuoka. Gundam Guy and myself took the Shinkansen south from Tokyo while ASM and Buster did the same but came north from Osaka and Nagoya, respectively. We spent a good amount of time staring upwards at the metal giant as well as standing in line for one purpose or another.

I have seen the 1/1 when it was in Shiokaze park in Odaiba last year but this year it has been erected with a beam saber in its hand as opposed to on its backpack. Seeing it with people who feel the same way about gunpla as I do was rather special for me and we took our time to take in all that was the 1/1 Real Gundam project.

Of course, I picked up a few things as well. 限定! Yes, that’s the Tokugawa Ieyasu version of the Musha Mk-II kit I just built.

After leaving the ‘Gundam Zone’ we headed to a nearby Izekaya and proceeded to drink. Lots.

1. Busterbeam says:

img 2534 is really nice! fun times! too bad it happens so infrequently.

2. hiroy_raind says:

not to mention you also get Mk-II which is the base of the Musha Mk-II XD
    what kind of paint scheme are you gonna do on that ecopla (and probably the Tokugawa too?)?

3. Tonzo says:

Great pics mate. Any plans for the Tokugawa Ieyasu Musha yet? It would be difficult to go back to back with what is essentially the same MG, but I haven't seen any WIPs for this bad boy yet. Love to see a "Meeting of the Minds" group build 🙂 You guys vibe off each other so well.

4. Gaijin Gunpla says:

@Buster: Let's just make it happen more frequently.

@hiroy_raind: some plans are in the works for the ecopla but I think the Tokugawa will stay an Out-of-Box build. It's a special release for a reason and I don't want to mess around with it.

@Tonzo: Are you suggesting another Group Build? I'd rather do a group build with a less expensive kit that more people can get involved in. You should throw up a thread on GAF and ask for suggestions.

5. Sonar says:

Yeah I kinda was, cos you all bought it except for Buster right? It looks as though you’re all in different places with respect to Gunpla at the moment so it’s all good.

When I watched the vid of this day at Hobbylink TV I was pretty sure there was one frame there of Buster, GG, and ASM all taking a pic at the same time, kinda shot from diagonally behind. If I’m correct in thinking that, Buster reminds me of Posdnuos. xD

6. A.I. says:

Saw this bad boy whilst on holiday in japan this summer, stopped overnight in shizuoka on my way to osaka, great fun and defiantly something that has to be seen in the flesh!!