I had an idea in my mind what I wanted to do with the waist. Tonzo made a good point earlier about how it is narrow. I wanted to come up with a way to make it look like it was wearing a thick belt, much like a real suit of Japanese armor. So off to my spare parts box I went.
I then grabbed my trusty pin-vise and completed the next step.
This now allows the other spring I purchased to slide through.
And those pieces I cut off at the beginning of this thread? They form the ‘belt loops.’
I was commenting to a fellow gunplar the other day how I am now at the point where I am second guessing myself and wondering if I should stop now and quit while I am ahead. His reply was very succinct: “You’ve gone this far. You might as well go all out.”
And he was right.
Then I grabbed the plastic again.
And also glued the seam lines on the back of the arm part of the frame.(You can see in this picture that I forgot to put the poly-cap back in before I glued it together. Oops!)
Took him to work this morning for a final test-build shot before I start the painting. Pretty much any white you see in the shot is a modification I have done.
Now that I look at it. I did a lot of stuff! Let’s hope the final result is worth it.