kit: MG Gundam Astray Red Frame Custom

crimson

1. Srihari Tc says:

@ Gaijin Gunpla- Did you paint the gold parts? They look very nice! If you did paint them, how did you go about it?

2. syd says:

Hi Srihari Tc,

I painted those by spraying them with some Mr. Hobby Gold.

3. Srihari Tc says:

Syd- Excellent work! I’ve always had problems with getting a very shiny gold.

4. Crimm says:

How did you get that blackish red color? It looks really nice.

Hi Crimm,

The Crimson colour was accomplished by painting semi-gloss black over the original red frame and then misting Mica Red overtop of that.

5. Butagami says:

Hey Sid! I was wondering, is it possible to put on the saya (yes,that is a word you taught me 🙂 ) curving downwards as you have, without the holder (the thing connecting the saya to the leg) being upside-down? Or will that require modding?

6. fury-s12 says:

Nice scheme, i have one of these one the way and are looking for ideas for a custom color scheme this i top starting point

7. Darksayn says:

Hey Syd. I have had an idea rolling around in my head for a while now and seeing how you did the Astray red frame I think it would work. I just needed some advice on it. I wonder why no one thought of it before. I call it the Nemesis Wing. How do I make fabricate something like long fingers. If you could send me an email… I’ll clarify.

I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere for fingers, but I can’t remember if it was on the internet or in one of the hobby magazines. Looks like I have to do some searching.

• Darksayn says:

well its not exactly fingers; more like bat wings. I have an idea for fabracating them. My problem is how to put them on an astray frame.

8. Noctyst says:

Hi, I want to ask.. Did you paint the red polycaps into different color? If you did paint them, may I know how to paint the polycaps? Thx.

9. ClayCannonII says:

I’m building one of these puppies myself

10. Kw says:

Syd, Can you show me all the tools you use to paint this model ?How you paint them ?air brush ?

11. Riefki eki says:

Hii syd I want to buy a astray red frame but it confused me to pick the mg ver or the rg ver because both look sick and amazing but it’s confusing about to pick mg or Rg